Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I'm fairly sure it was written fairly quickly and simply as a song, but the way its been arranged, recorded and produced is intergalactically good, there's no single OTT performance or piece, but its beautiflluy crafted.

Oh for the days when artists were invested in to grow expand and produce fine material.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Lauren Laverne played this one today.
Back in the day I loved Blondie and whenever I hear them that makes me fondly recall.
At the time, the only one I didn't like was Rapture. Well I quite like Rapture now. On reflection there are many better Blondie tunes
than this one. However, I feel this is the best tune I have heard today.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whilsyt I agree he's fantastic, others run him close, Rod in his Hey day, Steve Winwood, Weller on a good day, Even Roger Daltry has his moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnzrax8zZcE

Rod pips it for me, his co singer here was pretty good in the 70's too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OENVR_kEing

I am a massive fan of early Elton but he cannot compete with Marriot, imo. Daltrey no way for me and Rod was close but no cigar. Same with Winwood, just don’t think any of them have the nasty little feckers range though :lolol:

I can see why Jimmy Page wanted Marriott and had to settle for a pretty good Robert Plant.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I spent hours learning how to play that bass line and still always screwed it up at some point. I was shit mind.

Bass guitar would’ve been my instrument of choice if I’d have had a less distracted childhood.

In line with my passions for most dance music genre and post-punk/New Wave .... heroes Hookie, Gallup, Simonon, Clayton et al.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here