Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sacred Bones, which is my favourite record label alongside Kompakt, have just released a compilation of Sabbath covers by bands on the label. This is my current favourite:

[YT]https://youtu.be/fkMXB1VMMJo[/YT]

Incidentally I have a copy of this, on vinyl, lost in the post. If you find it let me know.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I know Hip-Hop is a very niche subject on here so realistically I'm talking to about 5 posters (@Daveinplzen [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]) but the new Potter Payper mixtape is a must-listen. Potter is known as the 'realest' rapper in the U.K. Someone who talks about a gangster lifestyle of drugs, violence and prison because he's grown up in poverty and done what he needed to do to survive. He was only released from jail in June for running county line numbers. His music is banned from BBC radio stations but he's grown such a fanbase that his new mixtape reached #3 on the charts last week.

If you're a rap fan then you owe it to yourself to check him out.

A frighteningly honest tale of someone who grew up in the bottom rungs of society. Whilst most rappers will brag about drug dealing Potter talks about being young and used by OG's in his hood or being told he smells growing up because he didn't have adults around to even tell him the simplest things like personal hygiene. An incredible project. If (and it's a big if) he can stay out of jail then he's going to be absolutely f*cking massive.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Also, whilst I'm here - The most interesting thing about British music currently is (imo) watching UK Drill go from the unspeakable genre that the Met Police get taken off youtube into a commercially viable, more mainstream genre. It's fascinating. It's a genre of Hip-Hop that a lot of people won't have even heard of, but it's f*cking exploded in the U.K over the last few years and is probably the biggest example of UK Hip-Hop inspiring artists worldwide (Pop Smoke was an Abra Cadabra rip-off). There's a lot of interesting debates to be had around whether Drill music offers an escape from gang culture and violence or whether it incites more violence but it's becoming increasingly hard to ignore it.

It's a genre of absolute extremes, with some incredibly talented artists making brilliant music, but it's also plagued with people mocking dead members of opposing gangs & some absolutely horrendous lyrics that are beyond the pale.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51459553 (Does drill music cause crime, or offer an escape from it?)

However, whatever side you fall on, it's crazy to see just how many excellent artists are coming out of the UK scene atm. It's the biggest British export that the British public has never heard of. :lolol: With Headie One; arguably the biggest drill artist in the country releasing his debut album next week it's a topic that could be thrust into the media spotlight in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Listening to this album now. Had to stop and repeat this track, love a song with crescendo's:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here