Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
At 12 years old I heard this and thought these dudes are so cool, nothing like the rest of the bland pop shite on offer, and not boring teddyboy rock'n'roll
they were young, modern, dressed sharp, incorporated an element of punk and new wave, love this song played loud the bass line is just stella and a great sing a long song, even Bowie was a fan of this very good cover.....

In my top 5 influential singles for my life.

Boz the guitarist went on play with Morrissey and still does, and luckily I got to know him and his wife who was in Bananarama when we lived in Camden. His daughter goes to Brighton Uni

https://youtu.be/kuHch3jEpgI

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have posted the whole album because I couldn't work out how to do just one track, but a mate recommended this to me by Stone Temple Pilots.

What a massive surprise to me - dreamy, mellow and acoustic and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole album - pick any track!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I was asked today to provide a song play whilst tasting South African wine (yes, fairly niche) - this is it and I love it:

Yay, superb call.

I LOVED Red Guitars, fantastic band.

I still rate Good Technology as one of the most perfectly-constructed 4 minute songs ever.

Their compilation Seven Types Of Ambiguity is well worth having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Funny, I could have sworn Bob Dylan wrote that tune. Not sure how making it an instrumental in a different style and changing one word in the title means Mr D doesn't get his royalties. People have been sued for less.
well there have been plenty of times that Dylan has been accused of adapting other people's work. In fairness, this recording is 6 years after the first Bob Dylan version. Pete Seeger claimed that the tune had been borrowed from an old folk song named "No More Auction Block" - probably true

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here