Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Thought i'd calm it all down today and post this beautiful piece from Saving Private Ryan soundtrack by John Williams. We had this played at my Father in-law's funeral, he didn't take part in D Day itself, but landed there with the Royal Howards about 8 weeks after and from there fought all the way through to Berlin (he was 18 at the time).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They are top of my list of bands I really wish I'd got around to seeing live.

I'm not sure what they're doing these days, but I don't think I'd want to go and see them without Glenn Frey - would be missing far too big a piece of the jigsaw.

I was lucky enough to see them at Wembley, on the bill supporting Elton John (who drove half the audience, including me, out of Wembley with his rendition of 'Benny's got the shits' or whatever it's called). Also on the bill, Chaka Khan (Rufus), Beach Boys, Stackridge, and Joe Walsh - who joined The Eagles soon after. They were very good.

I'm listening to some rather spikey darkwave right now so won't be posting my selection for today till later. :thumbsup:

https://vintagerock.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/elton-john-beach-boys-eagles-wembley-stadium-june-1975/

Edit, 45 years ago :ohmy:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I was lucky enough to see them at Wembley, on the bill supporting Elton John (who drove half the audience, including me, out of Wembley with his rendition of 'Benny's got the shits' or whatever it's called). Also on the bill, Chaka Khan (Rufus), Beach Boys, Stackridge, and Joe Walsh - who joined The Eagles soon after. They were very good.

I'm listening to some rather spikey darkwave right now so won't be posting my selection for today till later. :thumbsup:

https://vintagerock.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/elton-john-beach-boys-eagles-wembley-stadium-june-1975/

Edit, 45 years ago :ohmy:

Never good to play a stadium gig and decide to do your new album in it's entirety before its released and people are familiar with the songs.

I always thought the golden rule for stadium/festival gigs was to play the hits

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Never good to play a stadium gig and decide to do your new album in it's entirety before its released and people are familiar with the songs.

Benny and the Jets, though. Had I been familiar with it, I would have left even earlier.

Elvis Costello, in the early days, would make 80% of his set unreleased material. I saw him a few times and it was always the same. Mind you, playing the whole of This Year's Model before it was released, then doing the same a year later with Armed Forces wasn't exactly a hardship :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Reminds me of when Neil Young (I think) played his new album in it’s entirety and then told the audience. “Now I’m going to play some songs you’ve heard before” and proceeded to play the songs from the new album again. It may be urban myth but it made me laugh.

Nearly right, he just played the title track “Tonights the Night” again :smile:

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/10-of-the-most-eccentric-gigs-of-all-time-761439

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here