[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I've got a couple of albums by Laura Stevenson and her song 'Jellyfish' popped up at random in the car the other day. I subsequently played a Youtube video of the song and there was a comment about the album's producer Jeff Rosenstock. I can't believe he'd passed me by. I've been listening to loads of his stuff since. Keep replaying this:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I seem to have 8 CDs worth of Fraunhofer Diffraction on a perpetual loop. So pleasing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I like that a lot. Something in it makes me think of Crystal Castles a little bit. Not this song specifically but there's a shared feeling in the music maybe

Ah, Alice Glass. I like some of CC's stuff, but less fond of Alice Glass' other work.

The Witch House genre is much more diverse than some might imagine.

I wandered into it via White Ring, who span into shoegaze and indie (sort of - that's what I was surfing when I stumbled in). Fraunhofer Diffrection is such a big name I avoided listening to him for several years (yes, I know) but . . . . so much lovely.

There are so many acts.... but some (especially the more melodic and less....silly) are essential listens:

Portwave, Øfdream, Funeral Flowers, Artonoise, △Sco△, Black Ceiling, Axius Link, Peaki, Beneath my shade, Skeler, Churn, VSN7, Bewitched as dark, and many, many others. Mmmmmm.....dreamy. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This came up on the iPOD yesterday in the car. Very pleasing indeed, I thought.

This is a one man project, Vadim Plotnikov from Ishim. Started in 2010. So many lovely shoegaze acts out there.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
this is sublime, kinda makes me angry bands as talented as The Delta Bombers will never get recognition and some pure crap is promoted, and revered above class such as this, I guess being kings of a subculture is better.

I love the Delta Bombers (thanks to your posts on here).
At least they can be proud their audience want to hear and see them.
Unlike the audiences at promoted crap shows .... selfies of being seen there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports