Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Thanks to Alexa this morning, I discovered a 7" Record Day issue vinyl by Steve that I'd never heard, then blew me away with a whole album from 1990 that somehow passed me by. Still to listen to the album, but this is the track she gave me this morning. Played twice already. What joy:

Edit. I've played this half a dozen times today. I'm sure all the music lovers on here can relate to my thrill in discovering an unheard album by arguably my favourite artist. Best of all, I can just pick up my guitar and sing and play this track!

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I fell into a Tiikk wormhole yesterday. Lots of stuff on Youtube. An artist from Belarus.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh my word - instrumental version next time then!!! (No I hadn't checked the lyrics)
It is amazing innit?

I was listening to another old fave of mine a couple of years ago, 'The Cops are Coming' by the Heavy Metal Kids, then thought....hang on.....what?

Talk about attitudes changing. Thank goodness they do.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Jimi Hendrix, Voodoo Chile(slight return) live at Maui 1970. I don't know how to time stamp a video so you might have to go to 22:55 in the video if I've done it incorrectly. But really give yourself a treat and play the whole thing. It's Jimi Hendrix live and very clear in what must have been one of his last live performances.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I'm rewatching the Sopranos at the moment. One of the great things about it is the music. This was in an episode i watched last night

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe it just brings back happy memories of 1980 H and I am guilty of hyperbole
Whoosh! Listen to the lyrics. :ROFLMAO:

"I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so"

And it isn't as if I haven't done this 'joke' before (Attila posted the song when paying tribute to Mitoma).

:thumbsup:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
In memory of Nik Turner, a tune he wrote along with the last survivor of Hawkwind's original lineup, Dave Brock.

This a Live (first encore) version on the legendary Space Ritual album which only saw the light of day on the Compilation Roadhawks Album years later...

Silver Machine was also live at the Roundhouse in 1972 but written by Dave Brock and Bob Calvert - also sadly deceased.

Last edited:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Whoosh! Listen to the lyrics. :ROFLMAO:

"I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so"

And it isn't as if I haven't done this 'joke' before (Attila posted the song when paying tribute to Mitoma).

:thumbsup:
Now you can see why I’m saying Duh about my Wordle performances recently! Yes I think so, think so, think so, think so

Not sure if you listen to The Albion Roar but Attila was on this week further espousing his very valid points about the next steps for Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here