Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have that album, quite a tough listen, but they were a great band. Unfortunately when they toured the UK they supported punk bands .... the punks didn't get them at all.

Alan Vega died a few years back, but I recommend his last albums 'Mutator' and 'After Dark'

enuff of my wafflin :lolol:

Thanks for that. I will check those albums out.

I took that Suicide album to a party in around 1978 in a big posh house east of Crawley. I played only the one track. Yes, you can guess which. It freaked everyone out and triggered further peculiar events at the party. Very peculiar indeed. The house was owned by parents of a lad who went on to work in the news media (I'll be vague about the details) and who, many years later, hanged himself after it emerged he had fabricated story. I was quite upset about that. I still listen to Saturn Drive (amazing track) but generally give Suicide a swerve.

They said he was a saint
But I know he ain't

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Thanks for that. I will check those albums out.

I took that Suicide album to a party in around 1978 in a big posh house east of Crawley. I played only the one track. Yes, you can guess which. It freaked everyone out and triggered further peculiar events at the party. Very peculiar indeed. The house was owned by parents of a lad who went on to work in the news media (I'll be vague about the details) and who, many years later, hanged himself after it emerged he had fabricated story. I was quite upset about that. I still listen to Saturn Drive (amazing track) but generally give Suicide a swerve.

They said he was a saint
But I know he ain't

Blimey HWT, that trumps me dropping my copy into a Cheshire Charity Shop. I'm guessing the track was Frankie Teardrop? Not really Party Music...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey HWT, that trumps me dropping my copy into a Cheshire Charity Shop. I'm guessing the track was Frankie Teardrop? Not really Party Music...

Indeed. I was in full performance art mode, with a bedazzled audience by the end of it.

Then I put on The Damned, and host's sister (nnnnnnineteen) asked me to show her what we oiky punks did to said music. I threw her about a bit, full 'on the floor at the Roxy' rolling about mock violent mayhem, then I dumped her on a sofa. The legs then clamped on to me . . . My GF had to prize her off, the quivering limpet of unbridled lust. :eek:

I think I may have been in there :facepalm:

:lolol:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I’m not sure why this gem of a liquid D&B (I think) song was hidden away in the middle of a Hip-Hop album but I can’t wait to have this blaring out loud next summer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This popped up on the car iPod today. This is not really my sort of music, but there is something about this band.....the way the vocal and the music slide past one another, the vocal a little behind the guitar most of the time (in much the same way Eva Cassidy, bless her (RIP) would sing). And there is something languid about the guitar. And then it builds and . . . :ohmy: :love:. I guess the best way to describe them is that they do melancholic anthems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vglLr8Om1UY

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here