Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I made a compilation CD of Liz Fraser stuff downloaded from Napster 20 plus years ago. Listened to it tonight. This is the final track. Scenes. :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq8K3fHh4o4

Heard this before [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION]?

The bloke's voice is extraordinary. Then in comes Liz. FFS.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Howard Stern has had just about everybody in every genre of music play live on his famous radio program. There's a whole host of these performances available on YouTube and I've been perusing them this evening, this one stood out for me, as someone commented "It's like having Metallica playing live in your living room". Brilliant, sign me up for one, F**k the neighbours!
:rock:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Never heard this before, but mini-Exile was listening to it. For some reason I find it compelling, particularly the context around it, this recording being backstage at a festival - apparently the backstory is the two singers were a couple, they broke up shortly after this and her alleged drug use ended up with her leaving the band. The glances from other band members while she's singing, some less smiling than others, her happiness from whatever source music or love or whatever, his jadedness etc all come together. There's other versions on YouTube when they were clearly much happier together, and some where he's clearly had enough and she's on a different planet. It's like watching someone and their relationship on fast forward and I find it mesmerising. Maybe I need to get out more. Catchy song too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Refusing to feature on the big freestyle platforms because he wants to grow organically is a very noble mindset, but also leaves him criminally underrated so hopefully I can pass him on to at least one person.

His new album is one of my favourites this year too.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not a song, but really like the new Manic Street Preachers album.

Don't think you've got the hang of this thread:)

Try and pick your one favourite/best song from the album that you've heard today and post it here. We then get to listen to and enjoy the best of your musical taste on a daily or occasional basis:rock:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
And here's my choice for today, from a beautiful, sophisticated album (For Free by David Crosby) I offer the slightly untypical:

This album is a gem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here