Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Sorry., but as a lot of you well know, every now and again I just have to have a blast of Quo, and today is one of those days. This is a Quo classic taken from their 'Blue For You' album and one that was always a big crowd pleaser at their concerts. I've also included a video which shows Rick Parfitt demonstrating how he plays the Rhythm part to the song, just a little insight into what a great a rhythm guitarist he was. (hope I'm not breaking the thread rules as it's the same song)
RIP Rick.
:rock:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Haven’t heard this for a decade or more and it was part of my clubbing heyday. Suddenly entered my head out of nowhere this morning and, in the words of Ron Pickering, away you go…

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not sure if I've put this on here before but if I have it definitely deserves a second(or third) showing.

An early demo of 'Nude' by Radiohead, recorded around the time of the OK Computer recordings. It would eventually be released on In Rainbows, four albums later.

I've spent the morning listening to both and stiull can't decide which is my favourite version. I think it might be the ok computer version. Either way both are amazing versions - the ok computer version being more angsty, desperate and subsequently with a glimmer of hope whereas the In Rainbows version is hauntingly beautiful but more resigned to defeat, the spluttering flame of hope extinguished.

Here's the officially released version from In Rainbows

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ok, so I loved the 70's. Courting the wonderful Mrs Earle to be. What a great decade. Like many others who commented on YouTube, I've played this seven or eight times on the spin this morning and still leaves me in tears. Only Agnetha could sing:

You wonder why I'm here today
and so you should, I would.

and

The apartment hasn't changed at all
I've got to say I'm glad.

Remarkable lyrics, beautifully sung and the real long lost sound of ABBA, as if they never stopped. Worth the 40 year wait!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here