Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I try to be true to the thread with the best song I've heard today. This closed Loki which I watched this afternoon. Poignant for me because I was born in 1954 and it fell in that strange hinterland from my birth to the early 60's before I really got in to my musical tastes. I had favourites from that era and others which just filtered in to my head by some sort of osmosis, probably from the Light Programme, Two Way Family Favourites and the limited number of 45's I heard at family wedding receptions. I had several cousins up to 20 years older and these events involved a record player of some vintage and various family members bring their favourites to play. Obviously I spent much of my time rummaging through the vinyl! This was one of that ilk. Brings back warm memories.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I first heard Iris on the Andy Kershaw radio show back in the day, he stated that some critics said that she couldn't sing!
Her unique voice is unusual but somehow mesmerising. This Johnny Cash cover was the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rut9uy1B_sc

Love this album and Iris's unique voice and styling. She's somehow pure and dirty and a bit cheeky rolled in to one. I like her stuff with the late lamented John Prine too.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Disclaimer:
If you like rap and/or appreciate really authentic raw emotion in your music then you’ll probably really enjoy this.
If you don’t like rap, prefer actual ability over authenticity and emotion or can’t separate art from the artist then give it a swerve

When I say about separating art/artist I do genuinely mean that if a bad backstory puts you off an artist then give it a swerve. This bloke is genuinely a reprehensible human see here or this

However the raw anger and pain in Jordan’s music mean I’m hooked.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here