Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Public Service Broadcasting have a new album out shortly, the single Blue Heaven is right up there with their best. Fantastic rhythm's and sub routines, they are back at The Dome in October as a bonus !!!

and a previous much loved track....

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just watched Knives Out on Sky Cinema. Thoroughly enjoyable. This was featured towards the end and the credits. The Stones in one of my favourite incarnations:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just watched Knives Out on Sky Cinema. Thoroughly enjoyable. This was featured towards the end and the credits. The Stones in one of my favourite incarnations:

Love this Gram Parsons influenced song, for which the Stones gave him zero credit. I believe it was Keith Richards who convinced Gram not to travel to South Africa as a Byrd during apartheid resulting in him leaving the Byrds and hanging out with the Stones. His influence is there in quite a few songs of the Stones over the next few years.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Evergreen song from a band who broke up much sooner than they should have

Saw Colin Blunstone a few years ago at Worthing Assembly Halls, his voice had aged very well

https://youtu.be/T8ecsAI3FhY

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Going off piste for me today. Been watching a programme about the origins of West Side Story. Never seen it, never known how many songs I knew from it. Listening to this more carefully for the first time and hearing the background, I realise how powerful and moving it is. This is one of the best commented versions on YouTube:

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
The Softs from 1970 with a 5 piece lineup. Hugh Hopper the definitive cool Jazz Bass Player, a 15 minute song and he COMPLETELY ignores everyone else the whole time... :lolol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UE-yhNPHYs

iu-12.jpeg

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Going off piste for me today. Been watching a programme about the origins of West Side Story. Never seen it, never known how many songs I knew from it. Listening to this more carefully for the first time and hearing the background, I realise how powerful and moving it is. This is one of the best commented versions on YouTube:

Splendid!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I love PJ Proby’s oddball version. He was rumored to make the demos for songs written for Presley before he became famous in his own right.

https://youtu.be/6THoenNA7KQ

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here