Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Which 12" version? There are several.

But I know which one you mean :thumbsup:

I have know idea which version it was Harry, Andy Peebles had just played it in full on his Radio 1 afternoon show back in June '84. I was sitting in my car outside my house mesmerised by it, and once it finished I drove straight down to our local record store in Lancing and had to order it. Not aware they gave me a choice of versions, the sad part was I took it over to Canada a few weeks later as a gift for my older brother, who said thanks, played it once and never got it out of its cover again, the b*****d!! Sorry about the long reply, i'm a bit like Roderick, "Every Picture Tells A Story".

:lolol:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Tales From Tin Pan Alley - The Documentary

In 1975 at 5pm on Granada ITV a bunch of Spivs & Geezers from Essex turned a teatime 'Pop Show', 'Kid Jensen's 45', into Rock Heaven; firmly kicking Glam Rock into touch. Bosch. A Benchmark in British Music History.

I never knew Lee played such brilliant slide guitar, as well as his blistering harmonica and vocals, legend.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Love it when an artist includes a long instrumental break without losing the impact of the song. This is one of those I played this morning.

It's very good, thanks for sharing. I'd given up on her after a few mediocre album releases, and thinking that Gretchen Peters was so much better, when I saw them both within a matter of weeks last year (I think) in Worthing. Have you heard the latest Kathleen Edwards? Well worth the eight year wait! Now, she really is something special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here