Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the best places to live in Sussex?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Reading Posh said:
Wot, no one wants to live in Falmer :p

With a bunch of fusty interfering smallminded busybodies? No thanks.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Phaedrus said:
I love the Coombes Road and surrounding area, do it. I often take that route home after work to de-stress.

theres the small matter of £400 000.00 and the fact that the chalet aint up to much and you'd probably want to build a new house on it, but I agree, its beautiful round there, and theres a few stunning properties, in fact Sussex is possibly the best County in England

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
zefarelly said:
theres the small matter of £400 000.00 and the fact that the chalet aint up to much and you'd probably want to build a new house on it, but I agree, its beautiful round there, and theres a few stunning properties, in fact Sussex is possibly the best County in England

no possibly about it mate!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
your right . . .Sussex Rules, I think peasants from surrounding counties should pay us all to enter, especially pikey scum from Croydon who come and abuse the seaside facilities

we should start a campaign to build a kind of Hadrians wall across the border. might make the A23 a bit bumpy though:lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
zefarelly said:

I'm not moving - you can't make me!! all my gardening and painting :cry: ;)

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Hove sounds nice although I am not sure about Mile Oak after going there a few times. The coastal area between Peacehaven and Eastbourne appeals to me and its a area I really would love to move to.

Shoreham sounds nice. I am laso looking at the Mid Sussex Towns EG/HH/BH. Not that keen on East Grinstead to far from coast and poor transport links. Haywards Heath is nice. I know Burgess Hill well because I was educated there for 9 years, what are they like money wise? Does anyone here on this board currently live or have lived in the towns?

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Incredigull said:
Mile_Oak_-_far_goal_from_bank.jpg

Oh My God, i used to play on that pitch every night when i was young.

Now they have turned it into a football stadium:angry: :angry:

:p

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Problem with Horsham is it's pretty expensive to live there, not a bad town though. Also worried that one day Crawley will join up with Horsham. Have you heard the news or is it just Crawley pikies going on about rubbish?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Horsham and Crawley wont join up as such, they will remain separate towns, but are bound to get close to each other over the years. My friends dad is in town planning and he says the projected growth for south london is that it will engulf the crawley area by 2030.

Horsham is ok but Brighton is a better place to live.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
saltdean is the best place to live in sussex. right next to the sea(1 min walk from house) two parks , good school, a good football team(adam el-abd and paul ifill played for us). 15 mins from town. umm. :clap2:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
strike95 said:
Problem with Horsham is it's pretty expensive to live there, not a bad town though. Also worried that one day Crawley will join up with Horsham. Have you heard the news or is it just Crawley pikies going on about rubbish?

Thats it, I am definantely moving out of town in the next five ten years. This place is not the small innocent Sussex market town my parents thought they were moving to in the 50's to get away from scummy Wimbledon. This place is becoming South London hell. :angry:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Southwick

We've got a green & a square

We even have a green square where they play cricket.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Southwick is nice, went through there by train yesterday, wouldn't live in the Fishersgate area though, apart from that Southwicks really nice. The Sussex County Lawn Tennis clubs there as well. Whats the cost of living like there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here