Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's NSC's favourite studio album by The Beatles?

Which is the greatest album by The Beatles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So many to choose from, and all this without considering the version of the particular album, vinyl as released (stereo or mono) original CD release, CD remasters (Stereo or mono), Let it be (Naked mix) or do we extend to include the America versions.

My view changes frequently but voted for Revolver.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Have to say Abbey Road - not a bad track on there, even Octopuses Garden and Maxwells Silver Hammer are classic jokie type compositions.
For me, the second side has never been bettered by anybody - the three guitar solo battle at the end is simply stunning.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Abbey Road - the band at their absolute peak, closely followed by Revolver and that closely followed by Rubber Soul - the last two because this was the point where they really discovered how to write amazing pop songs.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Am I right in saying most of their singles were not featured on the albums ?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Am I right in saying most of their singles were not featured on the albums ?

Some of them. The double A side: Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields were considered for inclusion on Pepper but ultimately left off. Perhaps the most famous example of this would be Hey Jude.

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
Some of them. The double A side: Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields were considered for inclusion on Pepper but ultimately left off. Perhaps the most famous example of this would be Hey Jude.

On the anthology, McCartney said something along the lines of if they released a single they tried not to put them on albums as they thought this would cheat the fans as they would be paying for it twice.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Please Please me
evokes great memories of the Hollingbury youth club( and the Starlight rooms) and some of the best years of my life

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here