Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What would you like to see in our last few games?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We have 17 year old Ferguson and 19 year old Offiah on the bench frequently, 19 year old Sarmiento coming on when fit, 20 year old Caicedo, 21 year old Lamptey, 23 year old Moder, MacAlister, Alzate and Cucurella all regulars pushing the old men 24 year old Mwepu and Sanchez together with 25 year old Bissouma and Maupay.

How many 'youngsters' do you want us to play :shrug:

On the bench is the first step and significantly different to playing.

Sarmiento is the obvious starter given his unfortunate debut at West Ham. Ferguson, personally I would give an opportunity to.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No pissing about with youngsters; that’s what pre season and friendlies are for. We can finish anywhere between 9th and 16th, and also finish above Palace for the first time since 11/12.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Can you "see" noise ?

Beat Man United with a Ronaldo own goal in the 98th minute.

If the frequency is right, you can see brown, at the bottom of your trousers apparently

I went to see a band called BLue Cheer many moons ago, think MOtorheads parents . . .so loud my internal organs were vibrating , everything went kind of soft focus, so definitely an affect of seeing over sound.

As for Ronald-O & Manure, I completely agree, and the icing would to see him crack his nuts on the post whilst doing it.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Unless I’ve been in the sun too long, am I right in saying that if Burnley lose to Saints and Don’t beat Wolves on Sunday and Albion win this puts us mathematically safe?

Well you may have been but you are correct, although to be absolutely pedantic, Burnley could draw with Saints and lose to Burnley, and Albion could draw at Etihad and get the customary home 0-0 on Sunday with same effect.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
What I would like to see.
Playing a more expansive game and going wins.
More likely, the players will be on the beach, they have history.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well you may have been but you are correct, although to be absolutely pedantic, Burnley could draw with Saints and lose to Burnley, and Albion could draw at Etihad and get the customary home 0-0 on Sunday with same effect.

To try and put it more simply, if we don't lose at the Etihad, or failing that get a point against Southampton, then Watford can't catch us.
If we get at least a point from either City or Saints, and Burnley lose their next two, they can't catch us either.

So one more point (and if Burnley lose their nexxt two) then we could be mathematically safe come 4 o'clock next Sunday.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
A win against the scummers on Sunday. That is it.

(Off the pitch, a Bissouma contract extension would be amazing!)
100% this, especially as I'm driving from Eastleigh with 2 Saints fans in tow.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Happy for Sarmiento and Ferguson to be given minutes, when the game permits, but should only start if their performances in training warrant it.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Might be my imagination, but I think that our ball retention has also picked up significantly in the last three games. Hope this continues and that we don’t revert back to some of the frustrating sloppiness that we have witnessed, particularly in the final third. I believe that intensity and ball retention go hand in hand.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Some on here asking for the strongest possible 11 each game (which I 100% agree with) but also asking for Maupay to get back amongst the goals, the two contradict each other IMO. I think there are a few reasons we have looked a cohesive unit the last 2 games and one of those reasons is not giving the ball away cheaply at the top of the pitch.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Some on here asking for the strongest possible 11 each game (which I 100% agree with) but also asking for Maupay to get back amongst the goals, the two contradict each other IMO. I think there are a few reasons we have looked a cohesive unit the last 2 games and one of those reasons is not giving the ball away cheaply at the top of the pitch.

I agree, It seems like there has been better understanding amongst the players without NM in the way. Not sure why, most likely that he's just out of form and trying too hard.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Play as well as we know we can
Score some goals
Win some points
Finish above them

Er that's it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here