Votes: 148 90.8%
  • Other response - it better be funny

Votes: 13 8.0%

• Total voters

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'd make sure they were aware of my stance on 'I was here first, you can jog on cupcake' whilst rolling up my sleeves to reveal the 'I will cut you tattoo'.
I would then proceed to run my thumb down the blade of the butter knife and keep eye contact....which is as far fetched as the actual story

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think some clarification is needed here. Is it a virtual meeting on a phone/laptop? Or are they meeting another person who is going to take the seat?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I think some clarification is needed here. Is it a virtual meeting on a phone/laptop? Or are they meeting another person who is going to take the seat?
Ah, good question. I'd presumed a conference or Zoom call. Not sure the principle is any different. If someone needed a confidential meeting they'd have to find somewhere else.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Join in, and make lots and lots of very useful contributions - despite knowing absolutely nothing about the issues.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I read that and the liked the "f**** off" response. But actually on reflection, it would probably depend on how they asked me. If someone acknowledged that it was really cheeky, and that i would be massively helping them out, I might just let them have the table.

Jul 7, 2003
Many years ago I was on a packed train back from London and took a seat in the buffet car at a table. The other blokes on the table got out some green baize to start playing cards across my space and another bloke was stood over me to join in.

At this point, I opened my briefcase to get out my Walkman (this was the 80s) and a book but the first thing that the others on the table could see was the large, fixed blade Stanley knife I had with me as I had been working with coax cables. At this point, I received some rushed apologies for taking my space and they abandoned their card game.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I would simply ignore her. I’ve taken to pretending people that annoy me don’t exist.

It’s remarkable the flap people get into when they are simply ignored.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Depending on how nicely they asked/what mood they caught me in/whether I was done drinking and eating, I would stay and turn the volume up on my phone and play something by The Macc Lads/leave graciously/fart and leave them to enjoy my aroma.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I read that and the liked the "f**** off" response. But actually on reflection, it would probably depend on how they asked me. If someone acknowledged that it was really cheeky, and that i would be massively helping them out, I might just let them have the table.

What if it was said in a seemingly polite, but definitely arrogant/nonchalant 'I'm far more important you' tone? The "please" not meant.

I worked with someone like that, he treated everyone he came across in life as his subordinate, as dirt. A builder where we all used to park once said to me "I'm surprised no one's nutted him".

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Many years ago I was on a packed train back from London and took a seat in the buffet car at a table. The other blokes on the table got out some green baize to start playing cards across my space and another bloke was stood over me to join in.

At this point, I opened my briefcase to get out my Walkman (this was the 80s) and a book but the first thing that the others on the table could see was the large, fixed blade Stanley knife I had with me as I had been working with coax cables. At this point, I received some rushed apologies for taking my space and they abandoned their card game.

Those were the days :bowdown:

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023

I can picture the scene.....
1697819947291.png

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
What if it was said in a seemingly polite, but definitely arrogant/nonchalant 'I'm far more important you' tone? The "please" not meant.

I worked with someone like that, he treated everyone he came across in life as his subordinate, as dirt. A builder where we all used to park once said to me "I'm surprised no one's nutted him".
Yeah it would have to come across sincere. They'd have to make me believe that they knew they were being cheeky, and knew I was doing them a big favour.

When I was a teenager I used to work in a supermarket. Customers who asked me politely/nicely if we had stuff in the warehouse, I would look after. I'd go check, and if it was out of stock I'd find out when it was due back in.
If someone was rude to me, I would pretend to check the warehouse, and leave them standing by the door. I'd go out of another door, go back to what I was doing and leave them standing there.
It's all about how you ask.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here