• Stay at the table

Votes: 148 90.8%
  • Other response - it better be funny

Votes: 13 8.0%

• Total voters

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'd order another coffee.
I'd say 'I'm staying, but I'll be quiet. I'd offer to buy them a coffee'. I'd then order two coffees, a toasted sandwich, a cake and three cookies to take home for the kids for later, whilst pointing to them saying they would pick up the bill before they left.

"Sea Bass and the guys offered to pick up the tab..."

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I smell bullshite, for the sake of a look at me moment on twatter or whatever.

1: Usually you would sit opposite someone at a coffee shop, your laptop would be facing towards the person using it, so no issue.

just had a quick look at her profile, she/her describe themselves as
Independent designer, writer, trend spotter, & casual archivist (she/her).

So bullshite story, never happened and even if it did, you tell them to pay me for the inconvenience (which they wont) or feck off.

Is trend spotter a thing ?
I could do that, although I would have change work locations, I fear Lancing could hold me back in my new career.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

1: Usually you would sit opposite someone at a coffee shop, your laptop would be facing towards the person using it, so no issue.

So bullshite story, never happened and even if it did, you tell them to pay me for the inconvenience (which they wont) or feck off.
Shall I put you in the "stay" column?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

Is trend spotter a thing ?
I could do that, although I would have change work locations, I fear Lancing could hold me back in my new career.
Well, like a lot of stories, including, ahem, ones I tell sometimes, it probably started off as true. I've been joined at a table in a crowded Costa by someone who very politely asked me if I minded them joining a work Zoom call. I said no, and they joined their call, barely saying anything on it. Looking back on it, I might have mused to myself what if they'd spread a load of papers across the table and were speaking loudly, possibly to encourage me to leave. That's how plenty of anecdotes start life, as exaggerations of the truth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here