what would you do?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what would you do?

• sell, sell, sell.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • keep it (them actually, includes LS&GC)

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • piss off jack, i'm not interested

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Don't do it HP.The money is peanuts and should be priceless.Put them in your Will mate for one of your children to cherish

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
algie said:
Don't do it HP.The money is peanuts and should be priceless.Put them in your Will mate for one of your children to cherish

:thumbsup:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
keep them,your miss them once they were gone? and the will mean alot to you kids when you are pushing up daisies

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
my brother was the youngest serving sailor on the hms invincible,i have so much stuff, from him,but would never sell im afraid

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Unless you are really hard up I'd keep them and pass them on to your kids. I have my grandfather's medals from WW1 and even though they're only service medals ('came up with the rations' as he used to say) I wouldn't part with them for anything.

My nephew has my Dad's naval medals (including the Atlantic Star) from WW2. Hopefully he feels the same way.

The funny thing is for most of his life my Dad didn't give a toss about his medals. He also thought Rememberance Sunday was a load of sanctimonious balls. Then in 1994 on the 50th anniversary of D-Day he did two things he hadn't done for years - wore his medals and went to church. In the pub afterwards everybody bought him drinks. He was so impressed that every Rememberance Sunday after that he used to dress up with all his medals and enjoy a free piss-up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports