Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you do with £220,000 per week?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Firstly I would buy Crystal Palarse and liquidate the place first thing on Monday morning. Apart from that I would have loads of whores round my new gaff on a daily basis. Additionally I would have a burger king once a fortnight, think that's enough for me, Im so easily pleased.

like the idea, but it would be funnier to build them a gorgeous new ground....,and then tear it down the day before its due to open :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When a footballer earns 250 grand a week, that's after tax

Sorry, that's wrong.

As employees working in the UK they pay full tax and employees NIC, meaning someone's estimate of 45% deductions is a about right.

There are no ways out of this for non shareholders.

Away from their club salary and bonuses, they might have 'clever' arrangements on image rights etc, but HMRC are tackling these schemes in a serious way.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'd shut the b*st*rds down. Disgusting, greasy food. :sick:

Uncle Sams on the other hand......:unclesam: :bowdown:

Good call regarding Uncle Sams. Grubbs is up there too!

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
like the idea, but it would be funnier to build them a gorgeous new ground....,and then tear it down the day before its due to open :lolol:

Like the thinking, Im now going to build that stadium and on the day of opening put signs up stating no pikeys allowed, that should sort it. May even ask Sainsbury's if they wanna open a shop next door, that should make it even more tacky oh hang on a min. albion2::albion2::albion2:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Or maybe I'd spend it all on Match Attax cards.

Dec 29, 2011
Sorry, that's wrong.

As employees working in the UK they pay full tax and employees NIC, meaning someone's estimate of 45% deductions is a about right.

There are no ways out of this for non shareholders.

Away from their club salary and bonuses, they might have 'clever' arrangements on image rights etc, but HMRC are tackling these schemes in a serious way.

Well it depends on their contract, but when Ibrahimovic signed for PSG he was on a reported £200k AFTER TAX. When the French introduced their 75% top rate of tax, PSG were paying £47m/year for Ibra to take home ~£11M/year . I wouldn't be surprised if most top footballers have a after tax clause in their contract.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Well it depends on their contract, but when Ibrahimovic signed for PSG he was on a reported £200k AFTER TAX. When the French introduced their 75% top rate of tax, PSG were paying £47m/year for Ibra to take home ~£11M/year . I wouldn't be surprised if most top footballers have a after tax clause in their contract.

pretty sure yaya toures contract at shitty was £250k a week after tax, plus house and car, (with driver),

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Buy a lot of houses, rent them out and give the money coming in from the rent to charity. Some nice cars and boats. A few racehorses. A lot to family/friends and some really nice food. And give a load of money to Lewes FC. And a load of money to charity as well. And save up a fair but as well for retirement. And I would also get a couple of houses for me to live in.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'd probably not do much different than I do now. Play football with the boy as much as I can, plenty of pub lunches, watch football and I'd buy a hot wife. Because they CAN be bought.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'd get a coaching license, set up a youth football club and invest in facilities for the club.
Also buy a nice house, get one of those nice executive boxes at the Amex and put plenty away in a savings account.
Go on a few nice holidays every year, perhaps following Formula 1 a bit more overseas.
Spoil my family, treat my friends and donate to charity.

Oh, and pay off all my uni debts :rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here