Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you do with £220,000 per week?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
£150k per week on charitys and so forth, 50k saved and the remaining 20 on....personal vices :wink:

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
I'd get pissed on a regular basis and buy special software to ensure the tails on my lower case Gs were not cut off.
Or orft! ggggg!

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
This is something I just don't get with footballers. Players are always looking for or wanting bigger, new contracts. Loyalty is pretty much out the window now. But what does it really matter if you are earning £110,000.00 a week or £200,000.00 a week. You can't spend it, you are a footballer so it's not like you can jet off on holiday each week or get pissed every night.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
This is something I just don't get with footballers. Players are always looking for or wanting bigger, new contracts. Loyalty is pretty much out the window now. But what does it really matter if you are earning £110,000.00 a week or £200,000.00 a week. You can't spend it, you are a footballer so it's not like you can jet off on holiday each week or get pissed every night.

Goerge had a damn good go at it

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
For how long?

Even I can drive only one Ferrari at a time, and they are useless for taking the empties down the tip.

wendy's tackle

NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2004
East Dean, Eastbourne
They have to bung a shed load into their pension scheme to make sure they can maintain their lifestyle when they retire with knackered bodies. You need a big pension pot to pay £1m plus pa from the age of 35.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'd buy Goldstone Retail Park and rebuild the old ground back.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
I would get my helicopter licence and fly over Selhurst Park every match day playing Sussex By The Sea over massive speakers like Apocolypse Now.

Whilst dropping Seagull shit everywhere....

I would probably pay myself £1,000 per week and then use the rest "sponsor" Sergio Aguero (or other Spanish speaking centre forward) to play at an award winning stadium at Falmer.

Or I would buy a tractor. I love tractors.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd by a house every month or so, maybe even by a whole street knowing that it would set up any family/offspring for a long long time afterwards

Dec 29, 2011
On another note, if you were a world class footballer (lets stick with the theme and say Yaya Toure), would you want to play for United/Barca/Arsenal or would you be happy to play for Brighton in the Championship and (inevitably) the Premier League because it's your home town?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A few years ago probably cocaine although I wouldn't be here now if I blew 220k a week on it.

So I'll settle for a couple of stunning hookers and a packet of twenty Benson & Hedges. :p

D

Deleted member 18477

Live Mortgage free - my god that feeling would be amazing.

Buy a nice car or 4. not a good investment but when you're on that money...

Ensure my family and close friends could also live mortgage free. And buy them expensive gifts for birthdays and Xmas.

Go on Caribbean holidays, ski holidays (footballers can't do this I know) and city trips every year.

Save a lot to ensure you could keep your luxury lifestyle when retired. I say save... I mean invest really as I wouldn't want thousands/millions in the bank.

Give some to charity.

Give some money to the schools I attended.

god knows what else. It's an extreme amount of money lets face it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
On another note, if you were a world class footballer (lets stick with the theme and say Yaya Toure), would you want to play for United/Barca/Arsenal or would you be happy to play for Brighton in the Championship and (inevitably) the Premier League because it's your home town?

I would think Man Utd / Barcelona / Arsenal have all won their domestic league and European trophies, but my hometown hasn't so I would like to help them achieve these ambitions, which is far more ambitious than helping Barca win another CL.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'd blow it all on KFC, larging every item I was ordering.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Nice house, decent car, put enough money away to set me up for life then give the rest to friends, family & charity.

okay, so thats the first month sorted. next?

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Firstly I would buy Crystal Palarse and liquidate the place first thing on Monday morning. Apart from that I would have loads of whores round my new gaff on a daily basis. Additionally I would have a burger king once a fortnight, think that's enough for me, Im so easily pleased.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here