Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would it take to get you positive again about our super seagulls chances this year?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
30 league wins on the spin.

I think we'd be in with a chance then.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I've never spoken to so many fans ever before season starts and had so many downbeat reactions. No one realistically thinks we are top 6 and most think a season of struggle lays ahead. Where I work we have at least 25 season ticket holders but more than 75% are currently regretting it due to the club's perceived inactivity. Most of these are new season ticket holders from when the Amex opened

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Spend some money on decent players, show some ambition!
Reduce the ques at the Amex, train the staff better, sort out the food and drink pricing. Stop moving me on whilst I'm having a drink in the concourse after the game.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Quite simply some investment on new players, A left back, some creativity and some offensive players who are going to provide a genuine goal threat.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Some players.

We have a huge list of needs right now to be a top side, including 2 full backs, a creative midfielder and at least one striker ideally two.

My thoughts exactly. Until I saw some pre season games and saturdays opener I thought we would be ok at full back. Quite clearly in this new style of play we need significantly younger, quicker and quality full backs. Bruno is great going forwards but doesn't have the legs anymore. The centre midfield 3 will spend 90 minutes covering his runs as he takes so long getting back. Calderon playing on the left was a poor decision for the same reasons plus he's not left footed. I also agree one creative central midfielder and at least two strikers. I'm confident CMS will go, a year left on his deal and has to be one of the top earners at the club. I can't see us having that money sat on the bench every week and playing for 15-20. We need our playing budget on the field.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I am honestly developing a strong dislike for a large number of albion fans at the moment. The petulant, deluded behaviour of some of the more vocal negative contingent beggars belief, I think it's a disgrace to be honest. I genuinely believe the worst thing that could happen would be for us to turn it around and go up. Imagine what NSC, twitter, Facebook etc would be like if we were getting battered week in week out by the premier league big boys. That's before we even got to the stadium and the boos started ringing around three games into the season.

The worst thing is, for some ludicrous reason, if you're not whinging and bitching like a toddler, you're branded a "licker" and the great dickhead go-to phrase of "blue & white specs" is rolled out. At which point someone the other dickhead go-to phrase, bed wetter, comes out in response and everyone starts calling each other names.

Ten years ago, the idea of championship mid-table mediocrity being a disaster was frankly a joke. Season to season we barely had a club. SO WHAT if we don't go up. If premiership football is all you care about it says more about you than it does the club. I'm going to Cheltenham tonight because I like watching brighton play, win or lose. Where are the 20,000 others who claim superfan status? It's pathetic.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I'm holding back and judging the situation on September 1st.

Many of you would be wise to do the same.

In Tony I trust.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I'm not negative at all, but a win tonight would be reassuring! A few key signings to follow before the end of the transfer window (a left back and a striker) with a focus on quality rather than quantity!

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I am honestly developing a strong dislike for a large number of albion fans at the moment. The petulant, deluded behaviour of some of the more vocal negative contingent beggars belief, I think it's a disgrace to be honest. I genuinely believe the worst thing that could happen would be for us to turn it around and go up. Imagine what NSC, twitter, Facebook etc would be like if we were getting battered week in week out by the premier league big boys. That's before we even got to the stadium and the boos started ringing around three games into the season.

The worst thing is, for some ludicrous reason, if you're not whinging and bitching like a toddler, you're branded a "licker" and the great dickhead go-to phrase of "blue & white specs" is rolled out. At which point someone the other dickhead go-to phrase, bed wetter, comes out in response and everyone starts calling each other names.

Ten years ago, the idea of championship mid-table mediocrity being a disaster was frankly a joke. Season to season we barely had a club. SO WHAT if we don't go up. If premiership football is all you care about it says more about you than it does the club. I'm going to Cheltenham tonight because I like watching brighton play, win or lose. Where are the 20,000 others who claim superfan status? It's pathetic.

My original post was not negative, just saying I wasn't positive at the moment. I think indifference is about the right sentiment at the moment. Yes it is amazing compared to a few years ago but its hard to deny its less appealing a season than the last couple.

I don't really care what league we play in, just want to be excited about the season ahead.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A brussel sprout burger with sort of protruding snail-eyes that weep mustard the more the burger is teased. I'd look to cruelly break the heart of that gas-producing vegetable patty so that a flood of yellow spicy splodge flavours it to my taste.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Licker :lol:

I don't go very often these days because of the distance involved but when I did live down there I went week in, week out, home and away, even when we were at Gillingham I missed 4 games in 2 years.

However, Much as we all dreamt of returning to Brighton and still having a team to support, I don't think too many of us imagined having the highest ticket prices for a match day ticket outside the premier league and higher than some of the clubs in the premier league.

Mr Bloom has done a fantastic job of delivering a world class stadium and a grade 1 acadamy but anyone who has followed Brighton for the longer period will remember the stench at the back of the north stand where you sometimes had to jump over puddles of piss to get served a cardboard burger. They will remember the 75 mile trip to priestfield to hopefully get enough points to keep us in the league. They will remember sitting in the rain, even in hailstones to watch a 3rd rate team in a 3rd rate athletics stadium, where if the game was that crap you could always watch the ladies doing their exercises at the gym, or was that just me :lol:

So yes we now have our shiny emporium, the future looks safe and the dream of being able to call ourselves a championship team has been realised, but with the high prices comes high expectations, and rightly so, Bloom, Barber and all sold a lot of season tickets on the promise of a 5 year plan to get to the premier league.

If they want to keep people returning then they have to deliver on the pitch. They chose to play the corporate game, it wasn't the fans. If you raise peoples expectations them you have to expect some flack when things are not looking so rosy.

The team in my opinion is woefully short of the one that finished last season, and that wasn't as good as the team from the year before. How many backward steps should we take before people are allowed to say, you want me to pay £30 for that!

People have paid a lot of money up front with season tickets, in good faith. They have the right to complain if they don't think the product is up to standard. Again in my opinion, it is nowhere near up to standard.

They created a monster. Now they have to feed it.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Licker :lol:

I don't go very often these days because of the distance involved but when I did live down there I went week in, week out, home and away, even when we were at Gillingham I missed 4 games in 2 years.

However, Much as we all dreamt of returning to Brighton and still having a team to support, I don't think too many of us imagined having the highest ticket prices for a match day ticket outside the premier league and higher than some of the clubs in the premier league.

Mr Bloom has done a fantastic job of delivering a world class stadium and a grade 1 acadamy but anyone who has followed Brighton for the longer period will remember the stench at the back of the north stand where you sometimes had to jump over puddles of piss to get served a cardboard burger. They will remember the 75 mile trip to priestfield to hopefully get enough points to keep us in the league. They will remember sitting in the rain, even in hailstones to watch a 3rd rate team in a 3rd rate athletics stadium, where if the game was that crap you could always watch the ladies doing their exercises at the gym, or was that just me :lol:

So yes we now have our shiny emporium, the future looks safe and the dream of being able to call ourselves a championship team has been realised, but with the high prices comes high expectations, and rightly so, Bloom, Barber and all sold a lot of season tickets on the promise of a 5 year plan to get to the premier league.

If they want to keep people returning then they have to deliver on the pitch. They chose to play the corporate game, it wasn't the fans. If you raise peoples expectations them you have to expect some flack when things are not looking so rosy.

The team in my opinion is woefully short of the one that finished last season, and that wasn't as good as the team from the year before. How many backward steps should we take before people are allowed to say, you want me to pay £30 for that!

People have paid a lot of money up front with season tickets, in good faith. They have the right to complain if they don't think the product is up to standard. Again in my opinion, it is nowhere near up to standard.

They created a monster. Now they have to feed it.

Exactly. Good post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here