Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would be needed for Hughton's job to be at risk?

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
After what happened last season, Hughton is in plenty of credit before his job is at risk. Or at least, that should be the case.

As ever, the Championship table won't really take shape until early November. If Brighton are struggling at that point, then questions could well be asked. But I very much doubt they will be and I see them having every chance of being in contention by that point.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We may agree down to a ''Tee'' in our politics Ernest but when it comes to football, you do talk Shite sometimes but I grant you, YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR VIEWS

Even how weird they are?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We may agree down to a ''Tee'' in our politics Ernest but when it comes to football, you do talk Shite sometimes but I grant you, YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR VIEWS
He used capitals, I think that means he was joking.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm frustrated at times by Hughton (and I wasn't at tonight's game due to being on holiday so only followed it from abroad and can't tell what the impact of his changes was), but even with those frustrations it would take a lot for me personally to want Hughton out as he's developed us as a side so much.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Yes, yes, I know how these threads go. 25 people going mental and abuse at the 'ridiculous' discussion of sacking Hughton and totally missing the point, before someone actually answers the question. But anyway...

The squad hasn't been assembled cheap. We've smashed our transfer record on Duffy. We've got a proper goalscorer in Murray up top. And all on top of the business we did in January.

Yet we're currently 13th. 8 points off the leaders, 3 off the play-offs, 4 off the relegation zone.. Not a great start but it's very early days and we've already played probably 2 of our hardest away fixtures. However, assuming we get beat by Huddersfield on Tuesday, suddenly things aren't looking quite so rosey for us going into an away game at Burton (who currently have the same amount of points as us).

How bad would results have to get for Bloom to be considering giving Hughton the chop? Would he accept us to float about in mid table and use January to invest in a play-off push? What if we hover in 16th/17th? Would Bloom be ok with it, trusting Hughton to work it out because he did so well last year? Or would he get rid? I just wonder, after the relative success of last season, what pressure there is on Hughton to be a success this time around.

We beat Huddersfield and we are lucky to have Hughton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here