Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would be needed for Hughton's job to be at risk?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fella is doing brilliantly with what he's been given to work with.

Much the same as how history is now beginning to view Hyypia's reign.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fella is doing brilliantly with what he's been given to work with.

Much the same as how history is now beginning to view Hyypia's reign.

Not having that. Hyppia was useless and his pre and post match interviews were on a par with taking Mogadon for this listener.

History will never suggest he was anything better than terrible as a Championship manager. His tactics were hare brained given the players we had.

Nice try Stat

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not having that. Hyppia was useless and his pre and post match interviews were on a par with taking Mogadon for this listener.

History will never suggest he was anything better than terrible as a Championship manager. His tactics were hare brained given the players we had.

Nice try Stat
Damn I thought there was just enough disguise for these chastened times.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That got me checking wiki and apparently Hyppia was sacked as manager by FC Zurich in May after getting them relegated so not working in football now

Last edited:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've heard that Dyche has had a falling out at Burnley. Hughton is their no.1 target and has handed his resignation in to Bloom. Now that may be a lie, but if only to see the look on Stephens' face........

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It will only arise if CH wants to leave because he feels he is not doing well enough. We have brought squad stability and wish to mirror this on the management front.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A loss against Huddersfield and at Burton would SURELY mean QUESTIONS being ASKED

We may agree down to a ''Tee'' in our politics Ernest but when it comes to football, you do talk Shite sometimes but I grant you, YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR VIEWS

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I'm sure questions will be asked on Here if we don't improve our position quickly. Most likely that won't happen immediately and it will take at least a couple of weeks even if we have the ability to improve. There will be criticism of Hughton on here unless we are in a playoff position, However I don't expect pressure from Bloom on CH, unless we are seriously threatened with relegation. Perhaps however the bigges threat is CH jumping ship.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I think failure to win any of Huddersfield, Burton and Barnsley, it may appear be on Blooms radar.

Also, if Hughton pulls his finger out and plays Stephens with Kayal then things will improve, simple as.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It's a difficult division to get out of and we're building something slowly. You say the squad hasn't been assembled cheap, but compared to many other teams the division I think it clearly has. We overachieved massively last year so I don't think we should be judging this season in terms of a comparison to last. Only if relegation looks like a realistic prospect would I imagine there is any chance of CH going.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's a difficult division to get out of and we're building something slowly. You say the squad hasn't been assembled cheap, but compared to many other teams the division I think it clearly has. We overachieved massively last year so I don't think we should be judging this season in terms of a comparison to last. Only if relegation looks like a realistic prospect would I imagine there is any chance of CH going.

Exactly - The CH reputation of turning a relegation threatened side round hasn't gone unnoticed by TB and most Brighton fans.

The same therefore applies to the worlds of the football press and other clubs and as everyone knows there will be the usual Premiership manager sackings in the coming months, when some of the smaller Premier Clubs find themselves in relegation trouble. Fending them off will probably be closer to the mark than sacking CH.

That said, I don't think that will be an issue because he has started an assault to get to the Premiership with Brighton and I am sure Brighton will be there or thereabouts this season again and CH will be part of hat assault.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yes, yes, I know how these threads go. 25 people going mental and abuse at the 'ridiculous' discussion of sacking Hughton and totally missing the point, before someone actually answers the question. But anyway...

Nailed it :timmy:

Anyway, I reckon if we finished anywhere in the bottom half at the end of the season a conversation would take place. If we were relegated I think it's a given he'd go. I'm not even sure a bottom half finish would mean TB taking the AXE to him though, he really trusts and backs his appointments. I reckon the only way he's going anywhere is if we get relegated, which is unthinkable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here