Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Wine is for Girls

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aalina

Sep 23, 2011
i am happy to see the above poll . because i too like the red wine. and there
are lots of red wine lover . its too good. because its really good in quality taste and everything

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I like a drop of wine now and again.

I find anything shiraz quite drinkable.

As for rose, I did quite enjoy the zinfendel white we had with the prawn curry I made for me and GF

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I am not a wine drinker and neither is my girlfriend so I very rarely have it, but if I do:

White - I can drink most white wine and not really tell the difference between a cheap one and an expensive one.
Red - Cheap red wine is fairly disgusting but I do quite enjoy a glass of decent stuff (by decent I don't mean spending a small fortune, just slightly more than bog standard)
Rose - Haven't had it very often.

It baffles me that bottles can cost thousands of pounds, it really is a "saw you coming" kind of thing.

D

Deleted member 18477

wine gets you laid, fact.

don't sit down to drink a couple of tins with birds do ya...

so i drink whatever the lady wants....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
wine gets you laid, fact.

don't sit down to drink a couple of tins with birds do ya...

so i drink whatever the lady wants....

In the case of my lady that's a glass of Belgian beer or a pint of ale :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rose on hot summer's days
Red in winter, if it's cheap then Rioja everytime. I'd go French for more expensive red.
Red with meat and cheese year round
Sancerre with fish

I fecking love wine

getz

Jan 15, 2010
I also love Nobile di Montepulciano with its strong tang of blackcurrants. Another favourite is Amarone from Northern Italy.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
red, by the bucket load, daily.
tho i must admit, i do find a nice chilled glass of chardonnay quite refreshing when i wake up in the morning....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've spent most of my adult life as strictly a white wine drinker. Until about two months ago when I was out for dinner & brought a glass of red by mistake. I drank it to be polite and as if by magic, a whole new world has opened up for me. Love it :clap:

So I'm a total novice on the red front, but so far have particularly enjoyed sampling a few very pleasant riojas and merlots.

As far as white goes, I'm a fan of sauvignon blanc, Chablis but oddly not chardonnay (or at least not cheap chardonnay), and I do love a decent viognier. Starting to lose interest in pinot grigio though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I rarely drink wine but if I do venture down the grape route it tends to be champagne; I like it cold, fizzy and dry you see. It's also best when someone else has paid for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports