What will you now do on Boxing Day 2012 - to be known as Black Boxing Day from now on

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was played Tuesday night not at 3pm which says to me it was a midweek fixture anyway? I shall be with the inlaws as always was the plan this year.

I'm pretty sure almost everyone else in the League played on Easter Monday, but we held ours back for the Tuesday night instead under the auspices of having more "recovery time" for the team. Which is one factor I suppose, although I suspect it was also to get some relief on the travel issues.

Whatever way you slice it, its a bit gubbins that we now appear to be the only club in the 4 divisions who are not capable of staging a game during a public holiday. I love the Amex, goes without saying, but I'm getting rather macked off with the sheer number of afternoon games we are having to reschedule for evenings. Its getting a bit beyond a joke.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It was played Tuesday night not at 3pm which says to me it was a midweek fixture anyway? I shall be with the inlaws as always was the plan this year.

I thought we were not allowed to have any home games on bank holidays, ever since the Bournemouth Vs Leeds mass brawl.

Our game against Charlton has already been moved from Monday 1st April, when the majority are playing, to Tuesday 2nd.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Having negotiated my way out of a family lunch should I now own up and go to the rellies or keep quiet and have the afternoon to myself?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Taking part in a protest march from Hove to Falmer, demonstrating against the lack of buses.

And then a well deserved pint in Dicks Bar?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Forgot Worthing United are playing at 11:00 AM

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ponder how in the 21st century one can build a stadium with rail and road on the doorstep and not be able to host a game due to lack of transport.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'll probably have to spend the afternoon at the in laws, I normally get out of doing that due to football commitments.

ditto

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
serious question. Are we the only ground in the UK who have these issues due to a lack of public transport?

What about London teams who have no parking anywhere around their ground like the Emirates for example....due tubes and busses run on boxing day? if not are their games also rearranged?

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Football on TV. Horse Racing on TV. New Video Games to play. Movie. Quality Street. Bubble & Squeak and cold meat. Can't complain.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
serious question. Are we the only ground in the UK who have these issues due to a lack of public transport?

What about London teams who have no parking anywhere around their ground like the Emirates for example....due tubes and busses run on boxing day? if not are their games also rearranged?

Tubes and buses run on Boxing Day, albeit a lesser service.

We're probably not the only club with public transport issues, but I'd say we're the only club that has to pay for it, seeing as customers wouldn't or didn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports