Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What will you do with your season ticket refund?

What will you do with your season ticket refund?

• Cash back to me

Votes: 158 77.1%
  • Waive the refund

Votes: 25 12.2%
  • Donate to Albion as One fund

Votes: 22 10.7%

• Total voters

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks for letting us know the figure. :thumbsup:

Smashie_and_Nicey.jpeg

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
As much as I love the club I can't justify letting them keep money for something I haven't received when they're paying people more in a week than I earn in a year to essentially not do their job.

Obviously each to their own and if you're in a position to give it to the club and feel that's best for you then wonderful, unfortunately that's not me.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
"Brighton & Hove Albion’s Albion As One charity fund has kicked off with a staggering donation of £263,939 from the club’s players and directors."

Whenever I read this figure, when broken down I do feel a little underwhelmed. For (just the players in this instance) people earning £20k - £50k per week, it's not earth shatteringly generous.

Agree Appreciate Barber backing players in praising there generosity. Come off it. 20 plus people earning £1.5m plus and they come up with £250k.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
What is the Albion at One charity?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
As much as I love the club I can't justify letting them keep money for something I haven't received when they're paying people more in a week than I earn in a year to essentially not do their job.

Obviously each to their own and if you're in a position to give it to the club and feel that's best for you then wonderful, unfortunately that's not me.

This.

I wonder though, if nearer the time we have to confirm decisions, the club will do a PR exercise on how much their funds have been hit etc and I'm sure that will sway a few..

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Happy for the club to keep mine as a small token of appreciation from me for what TB has done.

On the plus side, the behind closed doors games are going to save me a small fortune.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
In my own mind that's what I thought I would do. With not working fully currently I could do with it back but equally will probably make a donation back to the charity somehow in a separate transaction.Would that work?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Refund. All the way.

I have no clue as to how I will earn any income beyond the next two months. So the idea of 'giving back' to a multi-million £ enterprise, that continues to pay some of their staff tens of thousands per week? Not a chance.

I love football, but I hate the way it has become bloated and corrupted by money.

If I am lucky enough to be feeling secure in my income later in the year, then I will be donating to all kinds of worthwhile causes. A premier league football club owned by a multi-billionaire (as much as we may love him) doesn't qualify in my book.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Refund back to me. Really can't get on board with just 'giving' the club the money.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I shall probably spend the money on a couple of those NHS shirts :) and keep anything left over.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I shall keep the refund; my income has been massively hit and every penny is useful right now. I wouldn't have renewed the season ticket if I'd known the financial hit would have been this devastating, so any reductions are welcome

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Refund.

Although since I pay by DD I guess it's a reduction on 'next season's ' ST, which in turn will be refunded to me since there is no chance we'll be at the Amex to watch anything pre-vaccine.

£300k seems pretty low to me as far as charity donation is concerned - we must have a WEEKLY wage bill of over £500k

I'm sure I'll be accused of persecuting the players, but IMO they should have taken a (fairly high) wage cut whilst they're not playing.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was one of, apparently, many who wrote to PB offering my refund to the Albion as One charity and received an email back thanking me. I'm in a position where I don't need the money and as yet haven't given to any charity yet. It would be nice if a first team player offered to match peoples offer though.
What are the figures for this refund. 20K tickets average £400 (as many kids as high end) with 5 match refund is £105 * 20K = £2,100,000 or the players wages for 1.5 weeks.
Based on the poll 1 in 9 will give to charity, that's at rough total of £233,000. Divide by the squad of 23 is £10,000 per player. Even less if you include manager and other big earners at the club.
These are all very rough figures but if every player offered to match donations up to £20k I reckon we could give some serious money to charity.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I am undecided about my S/T refund, however, I am looking forward to the bonus of a refund of 2 tickets for Norwich away plus three S/T guest tickets for the Man Utd game

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
I pay £160 per month for season tickets for all my family. I have not taken the Holiday option as I have been fortunate enough to keep working so a full wage is coming in.
As this equates to around £100 per game for me to take my family, I am not in a position to forget it and donate. If this was 20 odd years ago during the darker days (before kids = More spare money) I would have given it to the club to help out keeping it afloat.

I do however feel there should be more options for current ST holders from the 2019 / 20 season (Full refund, Credit note for the store with a little additional incentive for example)

The revenue from season tickets doesn't impact the club as much these days with all the TV revenue that pours in.

5 games X 25,000 tickets X £40 = £5m (Rough estimates)

We spent £5m on Matt Clarke last year only to put him straight out on loan so that kind of money must be there.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Refund - don't see why players are still earning thousands and thousands each week and reluctant to take a pay cut to sit at home and play Fifa yet everyone else struggles earning a living.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What percentage of one weeks wage are the players giving to charity/ donating to the club I wonder, a lot less than 5 home games is worth to us in my opinion. Just saying! I've already donated to Capt Tom so it would be club or refund for me.

It’s not a competition of who can give the most

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I pay £160 per month for season tickets for all my family. I have not taken the Holiday option as I have been fortunate enough to keep working so a full wage is coming in.
As this equates to around £100 per game for me to take my family, I am not in a position to forget it and donate. If this was 20 odd years ago during the darker days (before kids = More spare money) I would have given it to the club to help out keeping it afloat.

I do however feel there should be more options for current ST holders from the 2019 / 20 season (Full refund, Credit note for the store with a little additional incentive for example)

The revenue from season tickets doesn't impact the club as much these days with all the TV revenue that pours in.

5 games X 25,000 tickets X £40 = £5m (Rough estimates)

We spent £5m on Matt Clarke last year only to put him straight out on loan so that kind of money must be there.

We (well, Tony) still lost £30m though didn't we, even with full ticket and TV revenue ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here