Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What will you do with your season ticket refund?

What will you do with your season ticket refund?

• Cash back to me

Votes: 158 77.1%
  • Waive the refund

Votes: 25 12.2%
  • Donate to Albion as One fund

Votes: 22 10.7%

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I shall keep the refund; my income has been massively hit and every penny is useful right now. I wouldn't have renewed the season ticket if I'd known the financial hit would have been this devastating, so any reductions are welcome

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Refund but should be lump sum for all, including DD payers ( as mentioned on the other thread but this one seem to have taken over this issue). I predict quite a lot of resentment when DDs return in August given that we won’t actually be able to attend any live football in return for our money.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
What will you do with your season ticket refund?

talisman-labels.png

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Refund but should be lump sum for all, including DD payers ( as mentioned on the other thread but this one seem to have taken over this issue). I predict quite a lot of resentment when DDs return in August given that we won’t actually be able to attend any live football in return for our money.

I predict that resentment on the resumption of direct debits will be offset by the fact that when we reach that point we will know more and the payment situation will have been updated. I doubt the club will resume taking payments if there is little prospect of football on the horizon

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'll need to think it through as I'm not decided.

I'd quite like to let Tony keep it so he doesn't lose so much personally.

But I may have to keep it myself, depends on how the virus R-value goes.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Definitely take the refund, as my savings are running low.
i haven't done a full days work since the virus hit this country, some days I've had a couple of hours, some days nothing at all.
I also pay for my sons under 18 season ticket.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’d have been a lot more inclined to waive my family’s ST refunds in order to help the club, if we’d seen some real agreement to significant pay reductions on the part of the players. Without that I’m much less inclined to - would rather donate the money to a food bank frankly.

Totally agree . The players have not shown any real desire to accept a wage reduction even for a few months . Very poor show .

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
"Brighton & Hove Albion’s Albion As One charity fund has kicked off with a staggering donation of £263,939 from the club’s players and directors."

Whenever I read this figure, when broken down I do feel a little underwhelmed. For (just the players in this instance) people earning £20k - £50k per week, it's not earth shatteringly generous.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I find it shocking that Barber intends to take DD payments for 20/21 when we know - and he knows - that we won't be able to go to the games.

If he had suspended all payments for 20/21 until we know when we can start attending again, I would have not sought any refund for 19/20. But stuff that now; I will be seeking to recover anything I can.

On top of that you have the players not being prepared to take a pay cut of any significance.

Greedy club. Greedy players.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I find it shocking that Barber intends to take DD payments for 20/21 when we know - and he knows - that we won't be able to go to the games.

If he had suspended all payments for 20/21 until we know when we can start attending again, I would have not sought any refund for 19/20. But stuff that now; I will be seeking to recover anything I can.

On top of that you have the players not being prepared to take a pay cut of any significance.

Greedy club. Greedy players.

More unnecessary hyperbole IMO - it's not 'shocking' or 'greed', they're just continuing with the status quo until they know what the outcome is - as demonstrated by the announcement yesterday. As soon as there was certainty over the outcome they executed a plan. Same will happen for 20/21 - too many unknowns at the moment.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Definitely to the Albion as One Fund for me. I gave £300 to Major Toms fundraising so another small donation of the remaining value of this years ST hopefully will help the Albion's charitable arm.

Well done to the Albion for offering up this option.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Nice as it would be to donate to charity, I can't justify not taking the money was I have been on reduced pay since March and likely for a few months yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here