Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will cost us this season...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And why would that be if they know? They tried to, but bringing in a good striker is the hardest job.
I don't think it's the hardest job, but it is the most ...

Feel free to in the blank

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
And why would that be if they know? They tried to, but bringing in a good striker is the hardest job.
I know they tried, but ultimately they did not deliver. The difference between success and failure I'm afraid.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Provided he hasn't gone lame over the past 10 months of sitting in a hydrotherapy pool...

This is the worry, how many players have we had that come back from injury half the player we had beforehand - Lua Lua, Bong, CMS, Hoskins, Crofts

Rosenior is the only one I can think off who came back a good player and then that Reading :tosser: does him again

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know they tried, but ultimately they did not deliver. The difference between success and failure I'm afraid.
Yes we know. They know. Everyone knows.

Still, feel free to start a thread next week telling us of this revelation, that we all know about.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Yes we know. They know. Everyone knows.

Still, feel free to start a thread next week telling us of this revelation, that we all know about.
Nah, I'll pass thanks. You can do it if you like?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The sooner we forget about chasing some ridiculous Premier League pipe dream the sooner we can focus on the League Cup...oh...

Being serious for a moment, let's leave the PL to those clubs that deserve to be there, like Newcastle and Villa. Know your place and all that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The sooner we forget about chasing some ridiculous Premier League pipe dream the sooner we can focus on the League Cup...oh...

Being serious for a moment, let's leave the PL to those clubs that deserve to be there, like Newcastle and Villa. Know your place and all that.

How long will Tony keep losing £18 million a year to stay in the Championship ? Or perhaps we can aim for 4th from bottom each season and lose less ?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Blimey, there are some miserable ****ers on here. Yeah we're not Barcelona, but we're one of the best teams in this division and whatever happens I'm going to enjoy the ride this season. It's not life or death, it's a sport; There's no magic formula. I'm grateful we have an owner financially stable enough to personally fund £1million+ losses every month so I can watch a great game, in a great stadium, with my family and friends.

Up the Albion,

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, there are some miserable ****ers on here. Yeah we're not Barcelona, but we're one of the best teams in this division and whatever happens I'm going to enjoy the ride this season. It's not life or death, it's a sport; There's no magic formula. I'm grateful we have an owner financially stable enough to personally fund £1million+ losses every month so I can watch a great game, in a great stadium, with my family and friends.

Up the Albion,

They can whinge into their pints when we go 4th this Saturday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Up the Albion,

I would think most would agree with you but it is human nature to want to go that 1 step further and achieve more.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Does the current Villa team deserve to be there?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You don't win thr league by scoring goals, you win the league by not conceding them.

That's us fvcked then. Brentford sliced through our defence like a knife through butter by doing nothing more exotic than running directly at us. We're extremely vulnerable to any team that does does the same. Have been for yonks. The easiest teams for the Albion to play against are the ones who do what we do i.e. painfully slow build-up with little or no end product. Luckily there's quite a few of those about at this level. Which is why we invariably make the play-offs and invariably go no further.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have the solution!

Convert one of our central defenders to striker. We have plenty of them and all now fit. It worked with Virgo. Just need to figure out which of the four would do the job best. Or maybe Bruno, as Hunt can obviously deputise at RB. There it is .... the answer to the problem staring us in the face. Hughton can thank me in due course.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
We ve played teams that have defended heavily against us and look to break quickly . Yes we are one striker short but even if we'd spent 10 million on the "solution" the solution might have failed or got injured

so don't worry chaps and chapesses

Knockahaert 15 - 20 goals
Murray 12 -15
Hemed 12 -15
Stephens / Kayal 5 each
Dunk and Duffy 5 each
others 15 goals

At least 70 plus

Plenty of goals in this team - don't you worry

A spot of shooting practice wouldn't go amiss though Chris ? the 3% scoring rate is appalling that means 1 in every 30 shots has gone in ?? Is that right OMG ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here