Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What will be the next panic buy/shortage ?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Beef going up by 40% very soon according to my butcher mate , strongly recommends getting any meat as soon as possible

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Dried pasta people have heard of, if anything like last time.

Spaghetti gone.
That thicker flat spaghetti gone.
Macaroni gone.
Those "tube things" gone.
Lasagne ? No idea what to do with that, but I'll buy a load just in case.

Orecchiette ? Not eating that foreign muck.

The starkest demonstration of the stupidity of the Great British Public was that mad weekend just before we went into the first lock down.

I walked past a LIDL up here that was stripped bare. Usually full of "German products", cunningly renamed to make the shopping experience easier for your casual ASDA institutionalised shopper.

Kat Kits, Corn Flicks, Cheesy Euro Puffs and dubious baked beans.

Next door was a Polish supermarket fully stocked with very similar products unhelpfully named after shot putters from the 1970s.

Last edited:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I don’t know if you are serious, but, I bought my Christmas turkey breast this morning for £5.50 a kilo .

My butcher has warned me it will go up to between £7.50 to £9 a kilo come December.

I usually only use fresh Turkey breast for my Christmas dinners, but this year I have bought early and put it in my freezers.

I guess you're hoping there won't be a shortage of electricity between now and Christmas? :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Beef going up by 40% very soon according to my butcher mate , strongly recommends getting any meat as soon as possible

Beef, certainly in Steak form has been out of my price range for years. I virtually never eat beef as the decent bits are too expensive and the shit bits ( mince) are, well, shit.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don’t know if you are serious, but, I bought my Christmas turkey breast this morning for £5.50 a kilo .

My butcher has warned me it will go up to between £7.50 to £9 a kilo come December.

I usually only use fresh Turkey breast for my Christmas dinners, but this year I have bought early and put it in my freezers.

Is this for the business or for yourself personally ? Morrisons periodically do a Turkey leg/thigh in a pack for about a fiver, its good value for money, the thigh is great slow roasted but the leg has an awful lot of tendons so its better for soup.

It might be a case of buying whatever we can for Crimbo now.. thus causing yet more panic buying !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In all seriousness, let's not panic buy, eh? ???

FFS.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Spaghetti gone.
Macaroni gone.

The starkest demonstration of the stupidity of the Great British Public was that mad weekend just before went into the first lock down.

I walked past a LIDL up here that was stripped bare. Usually full of "German products", cunningly renamed to make the shopping experience easier for your casual ASDA institutionalised shopper.

Next door was a Polish supermarket fully stocked with very similar products unhelpfully named after shot putters from the 1970s.

The soundcast of the nurse who had been working all day in a Covid ward, only to find her local store stripped bare by entitled moronic hoarders was, for me, the most shameful moment of Covid chapter 1.

I made a commitment to not chase fuel this week. **** it. I don't want to live like a rat. :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I mentioned the Nestle shortage elsewhere. Supermarkets have pallet loads so are they causing a scare to get rid.
Heinz Beanz latest threat from suppliers. Again, have they overstocked in lockdown and need to clear.

As well as observing empty shelves where pasta should be, in Tesco I also observed massive "Stock up early" signs down the seasonal goods aisle.

I was lucky enough to snaffle all of the cheese footballs they had. This wasn't actually very many, but enough that I could surprise [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] by leaving a couple of tubs of the king of Christmas snacks on his doorstep.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Spaghetti gone.
Macaroni gone.

The starkest demonstration of the stupidity of the Great British Public was that mad weekend just before we went into the first lock down.

i recall the wholemeal and organic pasta lasted a long time. the best for surviving panic buying was the meat free freezer in Asda, always full.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here