Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What will be the next panic buy/shortage ?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Strikers. Same as always

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last night the pasta section of the Tesco Extra in Durrington was not too dissimilar to how it was during the great bog roll, flour and pasta shortage of Lockdown #1.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Pigs in blankets may not be a bad guess.
My wife was talking to one of the head honchos for M&S a couple of weeks ago, and he said unless you put in a Xmas order early, you are very unlikely to get anything as they are so short on supply this year....so a lot of people could be disappointed.

Not me, I am going to a gated community in Arizona that voted for Trump for Christmas and New Year, everything will be fine....

My guess...
Three points.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I went to the wholesaler this morning.

No orange juice.
None of my usual washing up liquid.
Bacon rationed,(or rashioned)
Frying oil rationed.
None of the usual ham I buy
No custard powder.
White sugar sticks.

I have never seen so many empty spaces on the shelf’s in 20 years. It’s getting seriously worrying.

Still, blue passports, eh.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Er, nothing?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Last night the pasta section of the Tesco Extra in Durrington was not too dissimilar to how it was during the great bog roll, flour and pasta shortage of Lockdown #1.

I told you on the petrol thread. TWICE!! Panic, I said. No-one listens.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Chistmas Trees

Definitely this. I've only seen 3 up so far in recent weeks. Clearly a slow down in the Christmas celebrations for many in the Worthing area. Normally the first tree I see goes up in August - not this year. Maybe there is a shortage!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I mentioned the Nestle shortage elsewhere. Supermarkets have pallet loads so are they causing a scare to get rid.
Heinz Beanz latest threat from suppliers. Again, have they overstocked in lockdown and need to clear.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I don’t know if you are serious, but, I bought my Christmas turkey breast this morning for £5.50 a kilo .

My butcher has warned me it will go up to between £7.50 to £9 a kilo come December.

I usually only use fresh Turkey breast for my Christmas dinners, but this year I have bought early and put it in my freezers.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The Mrs keeps buying tins of baked beans with those tiny sausages in them, I can't ever remember eating them since I was about 16 and have no memory of her eating this delicious tinned substance since I met her! So being the alpha male I thought I was I asked her why, big mistake, well their on offer all the time in Morrisons so I buy a few tins every week! Fair enough I suppose then I pointed out the general lack of cupboard space for anything else, and got the well you do the bloody shopping in future routine :shrug:

So summing up these things will be like rocking horse shyte in 30 years time so get them whilst you can.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I don’t know if you are serious, but, I bought my Christmas turkey breast this morning for £5.50 a kilo .

My butcher has warned me it will go up to between £7.50 to £9 a kilo come December.

I usually only use fresh Turkey breast for my Christmas dinners, but this year I have bought early and put it in my freezers.

In a similar vein, can't stand turkey so ordered our Christmas dinner, a quality Beer Wellington today

Just in case ......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here