Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your goal celebration?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Only ever scored one goal in a competitive game, and i was too shocked to celebrate :nono:

perils of being a goalie i guess

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
whenever i bagged a beauty, which wasn't so often, i'd always hatefully hare-arse it to anyone watching the opposition, which was usually a wife or a child or a horribly disabled grandfather and his carer, holding my privates and obscenely screaming YOU UNGODLY GAYERS until i am ejected from the arena.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Only ever scored an own goal in a competitive match, celebrating was not an option!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This IS England we're talking about isn't it? Got to be the try not to look too pleased and jog back to your half.

I scored a BEAUTY at Stanley Deason once though and couldn't help punching the air and muttering YES to myself.

It was superb though. If anyone would like me to talk them through it, PM me.

Last edited:

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I do an underarm air punch, shout come on a quickly, feel foolish, then shift the focus away from me by seeking out the provider of my chance and then give him a cool low-five.

I will then go home and ring my family and describe the goal to them in great detail and also regale my wife and daughters with the story of my goal every dinner time for a week (making it sound better each time). I am 30.

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
Just a simple Tim Henman/ Andy Murray fist pump from me. I remember doing it once and punched the underside of the desk spilling lager all over the bloody keyboard.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
It depends on the opposition, normally I just turn round, low five teammates and jog back to my position. However if it's a bit of a grudge match then my celebrations vary, usually involving a lot of swearing

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I used to lift my shirt up revealing a white 'why always me?' vest

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I was a goal keeper so it was usually a pouty bottom lip and a kick of the goalpost or nets

Basically the same for me. Never managed to score one at the proper end when up for a dying moments corner, but did manage to plant the occasional one in my own net :(

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I always sprint at the person who provided the assist, go for the flying hug and completely floor them!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was in goal for much of my footballing career, so I never had reason to celebrate. However, we used to do team Klinnsman dives in house matches at an alarming irregularity. The Dyke Fields were below sea level so it made them rather fun.

There was a river nearby and I remember Olds House scoring a last minute winner in a 9-8 thriller with Teme and the whole team jumped into the river to celebrate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here