What was your first Albion away game?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think it was Palace away 07 Oct 1978. I was 10, we lost 3-1 Vince Hillaire ripped us apart. We (my Dad and I) got chased by Palace fans after the game.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Orient , the Brooker and Zamora one I think.

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
....And only (as thread terms exclude the Wembley play off final) was a dire mid week game v Wimbledon at Plough Lane sometime in the mid '80's. Red away kit and we lost 1 - 0 via (I think) an Alan Cork free kick. If the "etc" in the thread starter excludes Priestfield I would also like losing 1 - 0 to a Welsh team (Swansea I think) to be taken into consideration.

I was at this game as well. Rammed with BHA fans. The Gents was in a scabby porta-cabin which had a broken support under one side with a rather attractive stream of piss flowing out of the sunken corner. Ah.. memories.

My 1st away game was Reading in 1976. We won 3-2.. think Ward and Sully scored.

20 Aug 1977 Southampton v Brighton and Hove Albion 1-1 League Division Two

I remember there were 3 debuts including Sayer and Ruggerio and that there were people being led out in front of us by police for what seemed the whole game.

not nit pickin, I was just a big Peter Sayer fan, I don't think he signed until the following January, The dubutants possibly (I stand to be corrected)were Lawrenson, Ruggerio and Gary Williams

el punal

Bradford City, March 1972, the last game that we lost in that promotion season (1-2). For what it's worth my mate persuaded me to go on the Albion Supporters Club coach which left St.Peter's Church at 7.00 a.m. and returned at about 1.00 a.m on Sunday morning. I've hated coach travel ever since. Sorry to say the atmosphere on board was as exciting as a knitting circle.

Anyway, made up for it in Bradford consuming the city's finest! :drink: One of the notable features about the match was the number of balls that went over the stand roof onto the railway track below (For those of you who know the old Valley Parade).

Still, it was an experience.

Mar 26, 2008
Eastbourne
not nit pickin, I was just a big Peter Sayer fan, I don't think he signed until the following January, The dubutants possibly (I stand to be corrected)were Lawrenson, Ruggerio and Gary Williams

You are correct, it's funny how time plays tricks with your memory. I checked on wiki and can't believe how few games Ruggerio played for us and also had no recollection of Lawrenson joining then who apparently took Sayers place later on forcing him to leave?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports