Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What WAS the Name of That Pub? - Brighton Edition

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Does anyone remember the Alliance in Edward Street? A cider house, run by a retired lady of the night, where you could get legless and still have change from five shillings.
The frontage is still there complete with name etched in the windows and the classic green tiled United Ales and Stout livery

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Great thread, but whats the point of giving the answer by googling it .........

Absolutely, and then telling people you googled it!! Crikey at least if you're gonna cheat, then you may as well get the applause/slap on the back that goes with getting the right answer.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Absolutely, and then telling people you googled it!! Crikey at least if you're gonna cheat, then you may as well get the applause/slap on the back that goes with getting the right answer.

Being honest.

When you're talking about recent name changes/closures that's fair enough but people aren't go to know the names of pubs that closed 50, 60,70 years ago without looking them up: there aren't many octogenerian/nonagenerians on NSC

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Being honest.

When you're talking about recent name changes/closures that's fair enough but people aren't go to know the names of pubs that closed 50, 60,70 years ago without looking them up: there aren't many octogenerian/nonagenerians on NSC

But then he wouldnt ask the question as he either knows the answer or him himself has googled it to test us posters, I mean I am not going to lose sleep over it but it seems a pointless thing to do in a kinda afternoon forum quiz ;) !!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It was something else after Berlin bar...

I will remember ... Nordic name ..... Helsinkis or was that the Old Vic ?

but whilst we are at it, who remembers the name of the 'wine bar' in the 80's at the beginning of the entrance to The Lanes as you enter from North Street on the left hand side and you enter through their courtyard, think it has been a pizza place in recent times .....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here