Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the most cringeworthy aspect of Palace's FA Cup Final exploits?

What was the most cringeworthy aspect of Palace's FA Cup Final exploits?

• Having to put on a 'display' to try and generate an atmosphere

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Numerous Manchester United fans in their end

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Alan Pardew's victory dance

Votes: 99 76.7%
  • The tinpot beamback

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • Most of their fans disappearing long before their team had left the pitch

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other - please state

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I particularly liked one of their banners that read something along the lines of 'pride of south London formed 1903'. Surely it should have read 'boil on the arse of north Surrey formed 2010?'

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Seem to remember we had shit loads of Man Utd in our end at our cup final and also not selling our allocation at the millennium stadium , so we can hardly dig them out for that ???

200 miles to Cardiff from Brighton, 20 from Selhurst to Wembley. League 1 play off final v F.A. Cup final?

I hate everything about Palace and them losing was gold but with regard to the atmosphere, Wembley and the powers that be have done everything in their power to kill the atmosphere in there so I was actually (quietly) impressed with, not so much the way it was done, but the fact it was done at all, I'm old enough to remember the cup finals of the seventies and was at both in 83, if you weren't or just need a reminder Google some of the pictures of the Liverpool or United fans or even us at Wemley in the seventies/early eighties and you'll see what a display was

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The beam back for me, says it all about the club in general. Feel for the Palace fans, most be good people and deserve better than that

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Poznan, dear oh dear. Bit old now isn't it?
Also there were tonnes of them leaving before the end. Normally I wouldn't care as that's normal and getting away from Wembley is a mare but the amount of bloody grief they give us for that so....!!

Not sure they were doing the Poznan, might have just been facing the direction of most interest, the game was dull as dishwater for 80 minutes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That Pards gif will be about for years and years to come. Absolute gift to BHA / West Ham / Newcastle fans etc etc that :lol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Spunktrumpet has history for silly little dances doesn't he?

Looking into a camera while doing it has turned the 'sad' dial to 11 for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here