Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the first Gig that you went too

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Chris Rea, with my dad, aged 14 Brighton Dome 1985 No other excuse available.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Wassa wrong with oldies...Best put down in a bar in the 60s...a young mod in a bar was talking to an "oldie" and asked him how old he was. The oldie replied "82" The mod said "God I would'nt want to reach that age ". Quick as a flash the old man said"You bloody well will when you're 81!"

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
First proper gig of choice Farmers Boys -The Cockroft Halls in Moulescomb. Where incidently- The Smiths once played. Morrisey live in Moulescomb. Could not make it up!

Great idea for a new thread,..bands we've seen in Moulescomb. I saw The Cult there on the day of the Everton v Watford FA Cup final and on another occasion The Dead Kennedys !

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Shakin' Stevens at the Dome, followed by Bucks Fizz 2 days later. Won tickets for both on Southern Sound as it was at the time.

I think my first paid for gig was the Levellers at the Top Rank Suite - December 89.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Great idea for a new thread,..bands we've seen in Moulescomb. I saw The Cult there on the day of the Everton v Watford FA Cup final and on another occasion The Dead Kennedys !

As well as The Farmers Boys I saw Prefab Sprout in Moulscomb and The Fall at the Gardner centre- Falmer! Maybe a Bands seen at Falmer thread?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Not the first by any means but the most unusual.
Very early 70's

EDGAR BROUGHTON BAND

On a flat bed artic en route to Devils Dyke.

Stopped by PIGS(terminology of the day), band arrested, lorry deserted in middle of road,band taken to John Street Police STATION.

Subsequent RIOT went on all night outside said Police Station.

ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER THIS EVENT

I saw the Edgar Broughton Band in 1969 (1970?) at Hyde Park supporting Pink Floyd and many of the other artists on the Harvest Label. He had the biggest hair in the world!

Out Demons! Out! :punk:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Charlatans at the Town & Country Club, Kentish Town, 1990 - aged 16.

I'm in the video - for a nanosecond - for The Only One I Know.

Not the first by any means but the most unusual.
Very early 70's

EDGAR BROUGHTON BAND

On a flat bed artic en route to Devils Dyke.

Stopped by PIGS(terminology of the day), band arrested, lorry deserted in middle of road,band taken to John Street Police STATION.

Subsequent RIOT went on all night outside said Police Station.

ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER THIS EVENT

Judge called him a liar!

[yt]t40_oZqhuuI[/yt]

I saw them at Worthing Assembly Halls about 1973, it was a bit strange to see this hairy fat geezer nestling a guitar skipping round the stage yelling "Up Yours" and the necessary 'Out Demons Out' for 20 minutes solid.
They did issue one of the best 45s of the period in the shape of .....

[yt]kGlxdfDXdms[/yt]

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
The Pogues at the Brighton Centre. The year they brought out The Birmingham Six/Guilford Four and it was around the time the country woke up to what the police had been up to and they were released from jail. It was not long after the Brighton bomb either really. Thousands are Sailing album was the tour they were promoting and on it was The Fairytale of New York. Electric, first gig I went too and so far still the best.

Feb 14, 2010
The Pogues at the Brighton Centre. The year they brought out The Birmingham Six/Guilford Four and it was around the time the country woke up to what the police had been up to and they were released from jail. It was not long after the Brighton bomb either really. Thousands are Sailing album was the tour they were promoting and on it was The Fairytale of New York. Electric, first gig I went to and so far still the best.

theres a lot of "old" people on this forum!!

There sure is. I am not as old as some, but I got a chance to see the likes of The Jam & the Smiths, so being a forty something is not all bad.

Whenever someone tells me I am old I just tell them I saw Led Zepp live and also saw the Clash on the White Riot tour and Bjork when she was still making her awful wailing in a band called KUKL (they were not very good tbh). Tends to make the ignorant youths stfu.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here