Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What was Attendance

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Quick googling says your region is a fair bit older than the average and maybe (obviously just guessing) this coupled with the virus lurking in the shadows plays a part? Maybe people are a bit (overly?) keen on avoiding... you know, death.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Announcement said 29kish.

really .....i would say from tv footage about 25k....would really love to know because loads of people are bitching about not being able to attend but clearly the knitting and i pad brigade are having trouble dealing with the teckkers....new world order...:down::)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I would say bums on seats about 25,000. As said always loads away in August and perhaps a few waiting to see how things go with covid restrictions. I think there will be a few more there on Saturday.

I guess fans of the other clubs whose grounds were relatively full yesterday by comparison don’t take summer holidays, it’s just BHA fans. Holiday destinations worldwide must be exclusively full of BHA towels on loungers. BHA fans also the most worried PL fans nationwide on Covid based on yesterday. Who’d have thunk it...

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I guess fans of the other clubs whose grounds were relatively full yesterday by comparison don’t take summer holidays, it’s just BHA fans. Holiday destinations worldwide must be exclusively full of BHA towels on loungers. BHA fans also the most worried PL fans nationwide on Covid based on yesterday. Who’d have thunk it...

I spose the other grounds pretty full yesterday were all those of far bigger clubs than us. Selhurst was a couple of k short of capacity at 23k. Similar sized club to us. Burnley was loads emptier than the Amex last week. Watford 20k, capacity 22k.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The last time I tried, a few years back, it was rejected as the club don't want the details shared for reasons of commercial confidentiality.

Someone did manage to get an FOI on this answered once many years ago (it would take a lot of searching on here to find it now), but all recent requests have been declined as far as I'm aware.

When Darren Balkham have the actual attendance at selhurst when we played them 7-8 years ago and it meant there was less than 12k palace fans in there for the game it really put things into perspective - mainly what shite plastic support they have.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think we have more season ticket holders as a percentage of capacity than the average team. Loads of people are on holiday, just because they haven't gone abroad doesn't mean they haven't gone away. Palaces attendance was 23000 and if we assume that's tickets sold like ours then perhaps their bums on seats were lower.
Don't underestimate covid still having an influence on attendances aswell.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Was so obvious - you’d think the club would rather have actual people there spending money eh! Time for the club to hold their hands up and scrap that silly scheme - make it free to pass ticket on with a name.

Agree Where the scheme is wrong is for those that miss very few games and have no idea who they would give ticket to. In addition makes sense if you cant go for person you sit with to have the ticket to give to someone. Seems easy for club to get round by allowing on receipt of contact details to allow this say max of 3 times a season

Definitely way more numbers away than the usual opener in August. It’s going to be Covid cautious folks isn’t it and I doubt they’ll be hurrying back if they read about no checks and no masks

Plenty gaps at St Mary’s too right now so I don’t buy it’s just us either

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Match of the Day showed our pretendance as 29,485 (tickets sold assumed)

Current Amex capacity is said to be 31,800 (from recent Barber and Bloom interviews)

So 31,800 - 29,485 = 2,315 unsold tickets, accounting for 2,315/31,800 = 7.3% of the empty seats

Trying to find some consensus in this thread for the number of empty seats is difficult, to say the least, but let's say it's in the range of 20% (6,360) to 30% (9,540) of capacity

This would point to a range of 12.7% (4,038) and 22.7% (7,219) of no-shows, and

Actual bums-on-seats of between 22,260 and 25,440

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Today isn't a day for moaning but, from TV point of view, the Amex should have had TV Gantry in the East Stand and away supporters in South-East corner.

The TV gantry at EVERY pro football ground in the UK is in the west (or as close as possible) for what should be obvious reasons....

This would point to a range of 12.7% (4,038) and 22.7% (7,219) of no-shows

Last week the Burnley crowd was 15% down on their first home match in August 2019.

(Didn't the club give away 1000+ tickets to NHS? Assume they were included in the official attendance?)

Last edited:

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
The announcement says "today's OFFICIAL attendance is, not ACTUAL attendance. I think they take the number of season tickets sold, and add that to other tickets sold, to come up with their official figure. As far as the Albion are concerned, a season ticket holder's seat has been sold, whether they attend or not. It's misleading. Far better if they were honest and and broadcast the number of bums on seats.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Match of the Day showed our pretendance as 29,485 (tickets sold assumed)

Current Amex capacity is said to be 31,800 (from recent Barber and Bloom interviews)

So 31,800 - 29,485 = 2,315 unsold tickets, accounting for 2,315/31,800 = 7.3% of the empty seats

Trying to find some consensus in this thread for the number of empty seats is difficult, to say the least, but let's say it's in the range of 20% (6,360) to 30% (9,540) of capacity

This would point to a range of 12.7% (4,038) and 22.7% (7,219) of no-shows, and

Actual bums-on-seats of between 22,260 and 25,440
You've really thought about this haven't you? :)

Jul 7, 2003
I was in East Stand and can assure you West was nowhere near full. Min 20% empty seats

I'm central WSU and loads of empty seats in the middle. Two of my group were missing as they have upcoming holidays and didn't want to risk catching COVID. Given how few people wore masks on the stairs and concourse, this was very sensible.

Our spares could potentially have been reused in the old days but now it is easier to leave the seat empty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here