Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What unites us is greater than what divides us...

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I know it's been posted on here before, probably several times in fact, but for some reason my alert for mentions of NSC has just flagged this excellent piece from @chaileyjem as being new, even though it's anything but.

Anyway, most days don't pass without a small group of people on here sniping at one another continually, generally over politics. I don't even open those threads any more - it's frankly depressing. But, anyway, just a reminder that we're all here primarily because of the one thing that unites us, that can deliver despair and ecstasy in equal measure and that enriches all of our lives.

This is precisely why the

Just Albion Threads is so useful​

:thumbsup:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This is precisely why the

Just Albion Threads is so useful​

:thumbsup:
Just non political threads would be better. The article alludes to some of the best threads on NSC, the sharing of personal stories. As mentioned earlier in this thread it is possible to exclude political threads by putting those that start them on ignore. That doesn’t stop them derailing informative, non political threads though and I would imagine it will get worse and worse as the next general election approaches. A crap Albion season might help.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
You joke but, before re-reading that article today, I had decided I wanted to have a go at some "NSC Social" events.

Frankly, as someone who is quite introverted, the thought semi-terrifies me, but I think they could be good fun, and there are a lot of names I'd like to put faces to. I think it's worth a try anyway - if it doesn't work, then so be it.
Which begs the question, who would you most like to talk to in person? "Dr No" would be a blast (albeit with quite limited conversation scope), don't you think?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I took a quick look at the moderating decisions sub forum yesterday. Coming up for a year since anyone was publicly rebuked there. It feels like the worse behaviour and repeat offenders have been weeded out and the board is a better place for it.
I don't think all the rebukes are listed.

:facepalm:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Which must be disappointing if you enjoy a good stoning.
life of brian monthy python GIF

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Am I going mad, or was there actually a NSC 'meet up' one evening around 2001/2 time in Brighton?? (pub near the station - Prince Albert??)

Or have I imagined that?!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Am I going mad, or was there actually a NSC 'meet up' one evening around 2001/2 time in Brighton?? (pub near the station - Prince Albert??)

Or have I imagined that?!!
This one?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here