Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What unites us is greater than what divides us...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know it's been posted on here before, probably several times in fact, but for some reason my alert for mentions of NSC has just flagged this excellent piece from @chaileyjem as being new, even though it's anything but.

Anyway, most days don't pass without a small group of people on here sniping at one another continually, generally over politics. I don't even open those threads any more - it's frankly depressing. But, anyway, just a reminder that we're all here primarily because of the one thing that unites us, that can deliver despair and ecstasy in equal measure and that enriches all of our lives.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
What's amazing about NSC in 2023 is how little serious aggro there is about the football side of the stuff.
I'm the same now in terms of avoiding the political threads etc but I remember there being really vitriol on football threads in the past- even during the Potter reign, especially when he went on losing steaks, things could get pretty vile.
Sign of the time i guess- other things to get pissed off about perhaps, but it's great that when it comes to the football we are all mostly positive and together.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
What's amazing about NSC in 2023 is how little serious aggro there is about the football side of the stuff.
I'm the same now in terms of avoiding the political threads etc but I remember there being really vitriol on football threads in the past- even during the Potter reign, especially when he went on losing steaks, things could get pretty vile.
Sign of the time i guess- other things to get pissed off about perhaps, but it's great that when it comes to the football we are all mostly positive and together.
I think the anger on here mirrors the form of the team on the pitch. A lot of us vent on here after a bad result/performance but there haven't been too many of them in the last 15 months. Also no one is attracting the attention of the resident bullies these days. Palarse fans seem to be very quiet for some reason and of course the Swedish pizza addict got cancelled for antisemitism.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Weird. I've been thinking about NSC a lot lately, I think we should all be proud of this space. I'm confident it IS one of the very first online football forums, dating back to 1996/7 in its proto stage. If we placed an 'Established' date within the NSC logo, what year would it be?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Weird. I've been thinking about NSC a lot lately, I think we should all be proud of this space. I'm confident it IS one of the very first online football forums, dating back to 1996/7 in its proto stage. If we placed an 'Established' date within the NSC logo, what year would it be?
The thread about the Luton forum had me digging back to try and find a copy of the early version of NSC as the Luton threaded format is similar to how NSC was back in 1996/7.

Unfortunately 2002 is as early as the Wayback Machine goes.

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I took a quick look at the moderating decisions sub forum yesterday. Coming up for a year since anyone was publicly rebuked there. It feels like the worse behaviour and repeat offenders have been weeded out and the board is a better place for it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The thread about the Luton forum had me digging back to try and find a copy of the early version of NSC as the Luton threaded format is similar to how NSC was back in 1996/7.

Unfortunately 2002 is as early as the Wayback Machine goes.
Man, NSC sure was different back then...

nsc.PNG

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I know it's been posted on here before, probably several times in fact, but for some reason my alert for mentions of NSC has just flagged this excellent piece from @chaileyjem as being new, even though it's anything but.

Anyway, most days don't pass without a small group of people on here sniping at one another continually, generally over politics. I don't even open those threads any more - it's frankly depressing. But, anyway, just a reminder that we're all here primarily because of the one thing that unites us, that can deliver despair and ecstasy in equal measure and that enriches all of our lives.

Hey @Bozza
Are you going through a melancholy chapter in your life.
Are you ok hun :wink:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Brilliant article and so true.

I love this place, it is somewhere that I can go when I am in need of a bit of an escape or just want a laugh something ridiculous that has been spotted and shared

Like many I have been a member for a long time and have posted a fair few times but probably a bit anonymous and not really missed when not having posted for a while. It is great! It is such a happier and better environment than places like Twitter and it takes threads like this to realise what level of influence it has on you, your daily life and supporting the Albion. For years it was my only source of football/Brighton chat and a brilliant escape from looking out the window at Reading.

Keep up the good work Bozza and the mods. But also give me access to the filth forum so I can go back to the thread full of beautiful ladies.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

I don't open those posts either. I honestly find the endless speculating about where our current players are going more hard work.

I think I'll just come back at the start of the season when it's mostly all sorted.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We should all meet up for a curry night.
You joke but, before re-reading that article today, I had decided I wanted to have a go at some "NSC Social" events.

Frankly, as someone who is quite introverted, the thought semi-terrifies me, but I think they could be good fun, and there are a lot of names I'd like to put faces to. I think it's worth a try anyway - if it doesn't work, then so be it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here