Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What to wear

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Linen is instantly scruffy, however well ironed, but most comfortable in this weather. As is Indian cotton.
IMG_3817.jpeg
My man from Italy, who's in Spain! , has the soft roll collar button down summer shirts nailed . . . and agreeable colours. Today I'm rocking pavillion turq/blue.

Looking somewhat dishevelled after 16 hrs though! Hand made for less than the price of 25p of plastic from the club!

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Personally I don't give a monkeys about what shirt I wear to what game, or maybe no shirt (I mean I will cover my pasty flab in something - but not in a Brighton shirt sometimes - like when I'm too fat to fit any)- but my 11 year old burbled something unintelligible at me the other day in relation to this and I think he meant to ask - is there some sort of unwritten rule that someone gives a toss about - about what to put on. E.g. match the expected away kit when away - home shirt at home.
There are no rules for 11 year olds on what shirt to wear. Home/away it doesn't matter. It's all about the colours. No shirt, wear a blue t-shirt. If he has a scarf he can just take that. None of the kids give a toss unless that's changed over the last 5 years. All 'Brighton' stuff is 'cool' to wear at matches.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I always wear a scarf, never a shirt. It's a stupid habit to have got into. Think Burnley away a couple of seasons back particularly challenging.
Nearly died at Oldham away one August too. Should take it off in the summer really.
Ha. I only wear my home shirt on days where its cold enough to wear a layer underneath as the inner badge stitching takes my nipple off.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
That’s good . Statistically though walking around places like Brixton late at night is considerably more dangerous than Brighton & Hove .

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
Any man over 50, who wears a replica shirt with name of a teenager on the back needs to have a think about their life ...........

boik

In the early 70s as a teenager I fell in love with Johann Cruyff. He was tall and skinny (like me) and elegant and played football from another planet (unlike me). He was my big football love before I went to the Albion in '74. I can't tell you what it means that my Brighton, will be playing his Ajax in a proper European match. Would it be frowned upon if I wore my Cruyff shirt (Netherlands NOT Ajax) underneath my Albion shirt. I'm a bit conflicted on this. It's probably the only time we will play them, but I don't want to do anything to jinx Albion winning.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
In the early 70s as a teenager I fell in love with Johann Cruyff. He was tall and skinny (like me) and elegant and played football from another planet (unlike me). He was my big football love before I went to the Albion in '74. I can't tell you what it means that my Brighton, will be playing his Ajax in a proper European match. Would it be frowned upon if I wore my Cruyff shirt (Netherlands NOT Ajax) underneath my Albion shirt. I'm a bit conflicted on this. It's probably the only time we will play them, but I don't want to do anything to jinx Albion winning.
Yes.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
whatever people wear as soon as bare armpits emerge and people use the trains and busses can they wash and put deodorant on - the BO on the train journey to Falmer is getting worse every ride i take. Thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here