[Travel] What to do in Blackpool?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If you have kids, they will love it, if you go expecting a British riviera...you are going to be disappointed.

Blackpool is what it is, I went once taking my missus for the first time. A guy who owned a shop tried to get us in to spend some money...he stank of stale alcohol and was quite obviously hammered ....which in a kiddie resort was a bit weird

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
If you have kids, they will love it, if you go expecting a British riviera...you are going to be disappointed.

Blackpool is what it is, I went once taking my missus for the first time. A guy who owned a shop tried to get us in to spend some money...he stank of stale alcohol and was quite obviously hammered ....which in a kiddie resort was a bit weird

I'm not expecting a British Riviera lol

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It is what it is....if you're looking for high culture , don't bother, but the seafront has been spruced up, the 3 piers are traditional & the pleasure beach is as good or better than anything similar, or you can go up the tower.

At night there are plenty of friendly, cheap pubs, shows on here & there, more "lively" entertainment at places like Ma Kellys or Funny Girls, or something on at the Winter Gardens. If you like it, really depends on what you're looking for.

Precisely, there's LOADS of fun things to do. The snobbery from Brighton people about Blackpool is, to some extent, ironic.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Go and enjoy yourselves take it for what it is and have a laugh with your missus.
Go to the pleasure beach and behave like a couple of teenagers.
Have some fish and chips, maybe grab a cheesey show, find a half decent pub away from the hen and stags.
Go up the tower and maybe look at the stunning ballroom, if you are into dancing it is a great ballroom.
For a bit of P&Q Lytham is quite nice for a beach walk.
Nothing wrong with a good old break at an old fashioned English seaside resort.
Thousands go to Brighton every summer for the same reason, fun.
I hope the sun shines for you, have a nice time.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
In the words of Obi Wan - its a wretched hive of scum and villainy. That said, we spent the weekend there for my 21st and had a great time. Rollercoasters, pubs, clubs, beers and piers. Avoid the club under the tower unless you like places where you stick to the floor.

Jan 30, 2008
Go and enjoy yourselves take it for what it is and have a laugh with your missus.
Go to the pleasure beach and behave like a couple of teenagers.
Have some fish and chips, maybe grab a cheesey show, find a half decent pub away from the hen and stags.
Go up the tower and maybe look at the stunning ballroom, if you are into dancing it is a great ballroom.
For a bit of P&Q Lytham is quite nice for a beach walk.
Nothing wrong with a good old break at an old fashioned English seaside resort.
Thousands go to Brighton every summer for the same reason, fun.
I hope the sun shines for you, have a nice time.
or try Great yarmouth instead :facepalm:
regards
DR

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Been there a few times for conferences. It has little appeal.
They put those stupid sprinklers on the beer pumps so a pint of ale is all frothed up and once it settles there's about an inch of head (rather than the beer that you've paid for). I would always wait for it to settle then ask them to top it up, which usually meant the barman muttering under his breath.
I like trams though, they are worth a ride

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
If you like golf there's Royal Lytham. Played there once, massively overrated. Actually bin it and stay at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports