Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What time did you get home from Wembley yesterday ?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I think that's the wrong question. What we should be asking is "With 81.000 people at the stadium how can we make life easier for them and ease their travel?" Judging by our experiences, there appears to have no attempt to help facilitate a smooth departure.

One obvious fix (and one that the Albion use) is to keep the bars open after the game so several thousand stay behind and stagger leaving times. The Albion (and other stadiums) also organise a queuing system at stations so it's not a mad free-for-all. The stadium could also install a proper wi-fi system so that it's possible to use maps to help plot an exit (or position maps around the area) so that we don't get punters doubling back on themselves having gone down the wrong route.

It's never going to be a slick operation moving so many people from one place but it could be so much better. As I said earlier, the Millennium Stadium can do it, there's no reason why Wembley couldn't
Cardiff Central is an absolute nightmare after Welsh Rugby, I agree with the OP, it is what it is. Millennium is right in the middle of where people need to go, no one hangs around in Wembley. While the bars in the stadium didn't stay open most of the pubs round the corner did, and we stayed and had a few pints.

Sep 29, 2017
Portslade
That has reminded me, on the walk to Wembley Central station after the match I saw this……not sure what is royal about it :smile: View attachment 160103
Been to Wembley a fair few times and never seen anyone go in
shocked philip j fry GIF

Last edited:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
12.45am. But we at least stopped to clap the team off the pitch. Trains back had points failure on the underground and someone sick at Gatwick. Bit of a nightmare to be honest.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a difference 5 minutes makes.

The moment the Manure twat scored we jogged to Wembley Central, home at 10.

Chatting with a friend today, he stayed 5 more minutes, then used Wembley Park, ultimately getting home in Southwick at midnight. Said they were stuck in heavy rain at Wembley Park for 90 minutes, where he witnessed quite a few fights.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Cardiff Central is an absolute nightmare after Welsh Rugby, I agree with the OP, it is what it is. Millennium is right in the middle of where people need to go, no one hangs around in Wembley. While the bars in the stadium didn't stay open most of the pubs round the corner did, and we stayed and had a few pints.
You can't have been too many games at the Millennium. It's perfectly well organised: they have separate queues for different destinations: so, if you're going to London you don't get mixed up with the queue for the valleys or Swansea. Not only that, extra trains are laid on to help people get away easier - it's an object lesson in how to disperse big crowds quickly.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
You can't have been too many games at the Millennium. It's perfectly well organised: they have separate queues for different destinations: so, if you're going to London you don't get mixed up with the queue for the valleys or Swansea. Not only that, extra trains are laid on to help people get away easier - it's an object lesson in how to disperse big crowds quickly.
Extra trains are laid on at Wembley, probably more extra trains and carriages than at Cardiff, if we are talking numbers of carriages and timetabled services, it’s a completely different kind of egress. A lot of what happens at the Millennium stadium would be useless for Wembley. People don’t wait around at Wembley, Cardiff they always will.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Cant remember but around midnight. Grabbed food at Victoria stn and loads other fans had same idea.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

In fairness to Wembley - which I don't like to do as I can't stand it - I went to the Millennium stadium during the Olympics to watch the UK national team. Whilst the afternoon in Cardiff was superb - Wiggins got a Gold I seem to remember - getting away from there by train after a night game was horrendous. Like the AMEX, the later the kick off time, the worse it gets as everyone ends up at the station at the same time. The real problem is kick off times drifting later to appease international crowds else it's just a case of trying to fit 2 pints in a pint glass whatever venue you choose.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
9:30 back to Mid Sussex.

Left as soon as the final penalty went in. Non-stop up to Wembley Park, Southern train left 5 mins after arriving at Victoria.

I found getting out of Wembley quicker than the Mill Road P&R. Must've got lucky.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
2230 after a McDonald in Ruislip…

Put it on your account @AmexRuislip im sure that’s what you said in the tube queue.
No problem Andy :thumbsup:
FYI we walked past that McDonald's today, and found it closed after an incident on Sun night, where the staff are still recovering, after a customer had sent them into a coma talking about their time in the RAF.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here