Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

Brighton Ark

Jan 18, 2010
Using Military personnel for demeaning tasks at sporting events! Would love to see so called elite sportsmen/women give a guard of honour at something like the Invicta games. Who are the real heroes?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
big bunches of keys make me sad

but if clipped onto a waistband i start to sweat and my eyelids flutter and lips wobble

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1) 10 item or less checkouts....Yes....so why let through 12...14...18...25 items. It penalises the quick shopper and aggravates the likes of me, standing in the normal checkouts with my 17 items. Operators should ask the shopper which ten items they would like put through and the rest are to be returned to store.
2) Juveniles riding up to local shops and flinging their bikes flat on the ground, immediately outside the entrance, making other shoppers have to pick their way around or over the machines.
3) Like many others....screaming female tennis players. It serves no purpose other than to distract. Umpires should issue code violation warnings. They don't do it when they practise, so why do they do it on court?
4) Fashions that people rush to embrace like lemmings. Not long ago it was ponytails on men. Then it was body piercing, then it was fancy striped scarves, then it was head-shaving and now its tattoos ( all over the body )
5) ' The Premiership '....yes thats right its rugby, not bloody football....football is ' the Premier League '
6) Big Brother. I thought this unadulterated drivel was being dropped from our screens but I still see that its on. What morons watch it? TV for the mentally retarded.
7) Litter. Just discarded without any thought, irrespective of the proximity of waste-bins. Chucked out of car-windows. Verges and hedgerows festooned with mountains of plastic and aluminium detritus. Smokers buying a packet of fags and immediately discarding the plastic wrapper that surrounds it, swiftly followed by the piece of foil paper inside. No respect. Just a throwaway mentality...' someone will be along to clear it up '
8) Politicians pretending that they are putting the interests of the electorate first....when?
9) Rap....talking garbage to music. The biggest con in musical history. When will the world catch on that its being mugged by street-wise guys, without an ounce of musical ability. Still, if people are stupid enough to be sucked in by it , then I suppose they will continue to trot out this rubbish and make millions. ( I am preparing for a pro-rap backlash on this one! )
10 ) A lot of the young female population of this country. No class, no style, no manners. Boorish and aggressive. Walking about with rolls of body fat hanging out of and over inappropriate clothing. No effort made to be smart. So overweight that you think they are pregnant. They're not. Its just their enormous stomachs ( to go with their enormous arses and enormous thighs. Waddling about like fag-smoking, tattooed hippos. Going out for the evening and getting smashed out of their tiny minds. Vomiting everywhere. We seem to have bred this under-class that have by-passed style and dignity and grace and manners and gone straight to ugliness personified.
10)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What if they were seeking advice or talking to a partner about a very big purchase that they are about to make in your shop?

Then that is fine. Sadly, one today wandered in whilst prattling on about the amount of exposure they got (or didn't get) on SABC on their Comrades Marathon coverage. He then ended that conversation and then phoned someone else and had the exact same conversation. He then walked out. Didn't acknowledge my presence, attempt to say hello or anything. Self-important tosspot who clearly wants to be at work but has been forced to go on holiday. His wife then walked in also prattling on about nothing in particular - probably moaning to her mates about how her husband was on the phone all the time! O well.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Then that is fine. Sadly, one today wandered in whilst prattling on about the amount of exposure they got (or didn't get) on SABC on their Comrades Marathon coverage. He then ended that conversation and then phoned someone else and had the exact same conversation. He then walked out. Didn't acknowledge my presence, attempt to say hello or anything. Self-important tosspot who clearly wants to be at work but has been forced to go on holiday. His wife then walked in also prattling on about nothing in particular - probably moaning to her mates about how her husband was on the phone all the time! O well.

I get your drift...... and know what you mean.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I get your drift...... and know what you mean.

I've thought of some more now:

People who tell me how lovely the shop is and what a great selection I have, as you know damn well they are not going to buy anything!

People who ask whether I have seen their wife/husband as they "said they would be in this shop", knowing full well that I have not got a clue who their wife/husband is!

All good fun really.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
1) 10 item or less checkouts....Yes....so why let through 12...14...18...25 items. It penalises the quick shopper and aggravates the likes of me, standing in the normal checkouts with my 17 items. Operators should ask the shopper which ten items they would like put through and the rest are to be returned to store.

As a caveat, I completely agree with you on this.

That said, have you ever had the joys of manning those tills? It's just easier to scan through the extra few items than get the inevitable grief from whoever it is that's trying to get through, especially if it's a cantankerous coffin dodger.

Happily, those days are long gone for me.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
You mean against police advice? Which suggests that cyclists shouldn't use shared use paths if they're going over 12mph.

The surface on the path you mention is also crap and dangerous. I've used it once and got a puncture. But carry on.

I would love to see the Police advice to cyclist to avoid the Falmer Woodingdean cycle path, any chance of a link?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
People that don't quickly run a very dirty plate under the tap before plonking into the bowl of washing up water - and instead just stick it straight in, giving it the feel of putting your hands into a bowl of vegetable soup after 3 plates.

When I say 'People', I mean my wife.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I would love to see the Police advice to cyclist to avoid the Falmer Woodingdean cycle path, any chance of a link?

I take it there is no link then and from your strong enough feelings Notters on the subject of this cycle path, to now give me two thumbs down. I can take it that you are one of those group who rides UP from Falmer to Woodingdean swerving in and out of the very badly sunken drains on that side of the road at around 5 MPH?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nigella's lack of knife skills. Brought up on another thread and now really annoying me.

Nigella dredging her spuds in semolina. And the fact that when I eventually saw her dredge her spuds on telly it wasn't what I thought.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
All these pet hates seem perfectly reasonable to me. I've got two or three that just wind me up so much and I've no idea why.

1. People who eat crisps and whatnots in a shop before buying them. My missus does it sometimes and I can't stand it. No idea why.

2. films or tv shows where the central character has an evil doppelganger/twin. I just can't watch them, it upsets me. The film Face Off - nope, can't watch it. That episode of Knight Rider where Garthe Knight turns up - likewise. Explain that one then.

and this is my most irrational hatred:

3. In the film Grease there's a bloke who is an extra in it. No idea who he is but he pops up with alarming monotony and I hate him. Every times there's a song he's there over-acting like his life depends on it, which it doesn't. I don't like many musicals but I happen to like Grease - a lot, and this bloke spoils it for me every time.

Here he is early on (although he does appear even earlier
mic9hd.png

He minces around in this scene like a right ponce
vhx1c9.png

Dancing like a nob in this scene
25z1aa9.png

He gatecrashes practically every shot in the song 'One That I Want'.
sfl641.png

And the last scene you see, he's there doing a Charlie Chaplin impression.
k1pa1h.png

I f*cking hate him.

I too have actually noticed this **** several times, I used to watch Grease all the time as a nipper. The Charlie Chaplin waddle he does is indeed VERY annoying. I urge people to try to watch this from 5.50 onwards and NOT get annoyed with this complete OVER-ACTOR. Keep your eyes on the TWOT.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Absolutely this - Americanisms - another one creeping into everyday UK language is 'get go'. Anything sold or distributed over here that wasn't made in the US but still insists on using US English as well. Makes me MAD!

Working for an American team, on conference calls...." Dave , can you reach out to xxxxxx". Now I fecking well can't, however I can contact them if you want.

AAAAAARRRRRGHH

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I too have actually noticed this **** several times, I used to watch Grease all the time as a nipper. The Charlie Chaplin waddle he does is indeed VERY annoying. I urge people to try to watch this from 5.50 onwards and NOT get annoyed with this complete OVER-ACTOR. Keep your eyes on the TWOT.

excellent usage of the correct spelling and pronunciation of the word twot there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
When was the last time you went up there, The Albion claimed to have contributed a fair sum of money to this cycle path you call a bridleway.

I frequently walk down it on the way to the Amex, it is classified as a Bridleway and is probably used by about twice as many pedestrians as cyclists. Sadly as both the bridleway and the road are dangerous, I have to cycle home along the coast road.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Exactly. Thankyou matey. There's no need for him to overact and definitely no need for the impromptu Charlie Chaplin impression. What's the point of it? It adds nothing to the show and just makes our friend Jerry Jazzhands look an even hammier actor. Christ, he's a right busy c*nt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here