Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

albionite

May 20, 2009
High up on the list people who slurp drinks and hearing others eat apples.

For some unknown reason cashiers who put receipt on palm followed by the money also gets my goat.

Far too many to note, yes I am a grumpy sod.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
- Skinny jeans
- Scripted reality shows (and I don't even watch them, just their existence annoys me)
- People who spend entire gigs watching the act through their phone
- Definitely being spelt defiantly
- Pacifically instead of specifically
- People watching loud videos on their mobile in public
- Tilda Swinton

Edit;

- Every news story now quoting what a variety of random people have said on twitter. It's lazy, rarely insightful and utterly bloody pointless. The reason people don't already know what Derek from Stoke thinks about the financial situation in Greece is that no-one has thought to ask him. Because no-one gives a toss
- The phrase 'Social Media'

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
People who refuse to use the overhead luggage racks on trains, but instead stick their bad / rucksack / hand-bag on the floor, thus denying any one else the room to put their feet.

Actually - this is a justifable annoying thing, surely?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
When an advert break is approaching, TV presenters who say, "Don't go away. We'll be right back."

I haven't gone away. They have.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
All these pet hates seem perfectly reasonable to me. I've got two or three that just wind me up so much and I've no idea why.

1. People who eat crisps and whatnots in a shop before buying them. My missus does it sometimes and I can't stand it. No idea why.

2. films or tv shows where the central character has an evil doppelganger/twin. I just can't watch them, it upsets me. The film Face Off - nope, can't watch it. That episode of Knight Rider where Garthe Knight turns up - likewise. Explain that one then.

and this is my most irrational hatred:

3. In the film Grease there's a bloke who is an extra in it. No idea who he is but he pops up with alarming monotony and I hate him. Every times there's a song he's there over-acting like his life depends on it, which it doesn't. I don't like many musicals but I happen to like Grease - a lot, and this bloke spoils it for me every time.

Here he is early on (although he does appear even earlier
mic9hd.png

He minces around in this scene like a right ponce
vhx1c9.png

Dancing like a nob in this scene
25z1aa9.png

He gatecrashes practically every shot in the song 'One That I Want'.
sfl641.png

And the last scene you see, he's there doing a Charlie Chaplin impression.
k1pa1h.png

I f*cking hate him.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All these pet hates seem perfectly reasonable to me. I've got two or three that just wind me up so much and I've no idea why.

1. People who eat crisps and whatnots in a shop before buying them. My missus does it sometimes and I can't stand it. No idea why.

2. films or tv shows where the central character has an evil doppelganger/twin. I just can't watch them, it upsets me. The film Face Off - nope, can't watch it. That episode of Knight Rider where Garthe Knight turns up - likewise. Explain that one then.

3. In the film Grease there's a bloke who is an extra in it. No idea who he is but he pops up with alarming monotony and I hate him. Every times there's a song he's there over-acting like his life depends on it, which it doesn't. I don't like many musicals but I happen to like Grease - a lot, and this bloke spoils it for me every time.

mic9hd.png

vhx1c9.png

25z1aa9.png

sfl641.png

k1pa1h.png

I f*cking hate him.

How have you even noticed that? :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can I add the "I know my true friends will share" and " PM me the one word which sums me up" nonsense!

I know which one word normally sums them up but no doubt they'll be expecting the likes of " wacky, spontaneous, caring etc..."

f8c8782393eacd83e89025451b3aae98.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Once you spot him then that's it, he's there all over the film. Seriously, I wish I hadn't. 37 effing years I've carried this burden around with me. 37 frigging years and the irritation doesn't get any easier. Jesus wept.

Ah, I hear you. I'll probably notice him now you've pointed it out :ohmy:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

mic9hd.png

vhx1c9.png

25z1aa9.png

sfl641.png

k1pa1h.png

I f*cking hate him.

I was feeling fed up today - not any more - great post!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Women on Facebook who list their occupation as "full time mummy"

Women on Facebook who put "proudmummy" or similar variants into their actual name

Definitely those.

Also people who, in their 'education' part of their profile say they've studied at 'the university of life', as if that a perceived lack of education somehow gives them some advantage in life. It doesn't, unless their career goal is to be an insufferable ****.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Instagram. Do people really, really believe they are important enough to have a constantly updating photo diary for the world to see. Utter, utter epitome of delusion.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

mic9hd.png

vhx1c9.png

25z1aa9.png

sfl641.png

k1pa1h.png

I f*cking hate him.
If this thread was a competition then I think you would have won, utterly brilliant pet peeve there.

I'm almost tempted to go and watch Grease again (something I won't do easily I must admit) just to see this twinkle-toed maestro...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
People who walk around my shop talking on their cellphones. There are 2 in here right now. At least they are not taking photos I suppose.

What if they were seeking advice or talking to a partner about a very big purchase that they are about to make in your shop?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

mic9hd.png

vhx1c9.png

25z1aa9.png

sfl641.png

k1pa1h.png

I f*cking hate him.

Gold :lolol:

I must confess I'd only ever noticed him in the final scene before now but a quick Google has identified him as one, Daniel Levans.

http://myopinionrulesyou.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/ode-to-man-in-green-shirt.html

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0505150/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here