Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the f**k is going on at this club??

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I just hope the club and/or Oscar can be honest with us about why this has all come about - and make some internal changes as necessary to make sure this doesn't keep happening. Twice in 2 years is easily enough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gus not looking the prat some thought eh!

That's seems a strange statement to make given how Oscar has handled himself and the situation, compared to Mr Poyet.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oscar talked about wanting to work with youth, and also wanting a project. The amazing training ground opens next season.

I just can't see this being about budget.

I suspect there is another role lined up, one that is currently filled and can't be mentioned. It'll be a pretty good one as well I think, perhaps in Spain.

Gus

Nov 1, 2010
Brighton
I bumped into an ex player today who was hugely scathing of Burke and Barber. Burke in particular, he didn't have a signal decent thing to say about them. It is only his opinion of course but he made it quite clear that many people at the club think these two are ruining what should be a brilliant place to work.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That's seems a strange statement to make given how Oscar has handled himself and the situation, compared to Mr Poyet.

I was talking about why they went
as I said on another thread
Gus lovable bigmouth
OG likeable quiet bloke
both got the same results
so its not them
we need to start looking elsewhere

did someone tell Oscar what the deal was when he signed up ...........I sniff some jiggery pokery
it has to be sorted with the way it is I doubt any English manager will last the first few months

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I bumped into an ex player today who was hugely scathing of Burke and Barber. Burke in particular, he didn't have a signal decent thing to say about them. It is only his opinion of course but he made it quite clear that many people at the club think these two are ruining what should be a brilliant place to work.

Hmmmmmmmm!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was talking about why they went
It's a shame to didn't make that clear.

As this episode underlines how big a prat Gus looked, 12 months ago.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's a shame to didn't make that clear.

As this episode underlines how big a prat Gus looked, 12 months ago.

why is that then, people might not like him but his Albion record cannot be disputed
and some people lie down and take it
he did'nt
it does sound to me like both have said the same thing in different ways

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
why is that then, people might not like him but his Albion record cannot be disputed
and some people lie down and take it
he did'nt
it does sound to me like both have said the same thing in different ways
No, you've misunderstood.
If you'd made it clear you were talking about the process and not the man, I wouldn't have commented.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Worried that maybe we are about to sell Ulloa, PIG is off and maybe others? And with the budget being small for next season, maybe he feels that if that is as close we can get with them, what are we going to be able to achieve without them, but with a small budget to replace them?

Ulloa to Sunderland for peanuts, you know it`s going to happen

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No, you've misunderstood.
If you'd made it clear you were talking about the process and not the man, I wouldn't have commented.

as I have just read on another thread,we have lost two good managers (whatever you think about them) the process,upper management, whatever you want to call it is wrong somewhere.
I had many rows on here about the way Gus was got rid of (I quite liked him which is not the point) it was very unfair whatever was done it should have come out and even if I had hated him my opinion would still have been the same.
OG has gone so what was he promised and not given to make him leave (I seem to remember Gus wanting to leave before he was sacked WTF was that all about).
all that said lets hope this gets sorted very soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here