Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the F**k has Worthing ever done to Andy Murray?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hold on a minute, didn't this all start in Boring-by-Sea?

Well from today.... in Goring By Sea.......... Essex teenager wins Scalextric world championship title...........A 14-year-old boy has been crowned this year's Scalextric World Champion after playing the classic slot car racing game for the first time.
The final rounds took place at the English Martyrs Church Hall in Goring-by-Sea, and at Marquee Models in the Harvey Centre, Harlow.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35145243

http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/new...255?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ah, the flesh pots of Goring by Sea! I remember them well from my short time living there in the early seventies.................

.......mind you, I had to bring them with me.......!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In further news, the traffic lights on Chapel Road and Brighton Road were out at 12.33 on the 18th December 2015'

Exciting times

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Kudos to Muzza. At least two of the others didn't think it worth giving up their permitted visitor days as tax exiles. About to be lowered to 10 days.:D

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I'm not a great fan of Murray, but even I have to say he was poking fun at himself and not at Worthing.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So what can one do in Worthing on a wet weekend?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
What a nasty man, has anyone shouted for a policeman?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Kudos to Muzza. At least two of the others didn't think it worth giving up their permitted visitor days as tax exiles. About to be lowered to 10 days.:D

Harsh.

Lewis Hamilton clearly explained that he was unable to attend as he is 'training* for next season'.

*in a ski chalet, in snowy Colorado. With his dogs.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Good, because I'm seriously miffed about this libellous slur on my home town, much more and I'm contemplating a deep frown

I was brought up in Worthing, and I share your sense of outrage. I muttered softly "Good grief", when I first saw anything about this, and my wife was worried how this outburst might develop.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I wasn't watching . IMHO there is nothing more boring than an awards programme,with over inflated egos and gushing sycophantic presenters.. In the interests of informative research I copied and pasted this from the BBC :

"A friend sent me a message the other day with an article saying, 'Andy Murray is duller than a weekend in Worthing', which I thought was a bit harsh - on Worthing," he said after collecting the trophy."

That's all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here