Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What striker(s) would you like us to sign in the summer?

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Apparently Barca and Chelsea are/have been interested, so I think we'd struggle to compete.

Lamptey was a young player at Chelsea. Sold him the opportunity of first team football and he leapt at the chance to join the Albion. Gomes could see that example and be tempted. Its not that outrageous (although I accept unlikely)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Loan - Rhian Brewster
Try to buy (unlikely) -Tammy Abraham

Anyone who Ashworth has worked with at England - mind you Solanke was on fire for England but can't hit a CAWABanjo in the PL.

I think Abraham is earning over £100K a week at Chelsea but is demanding £180K.

He does have a history of heavy financial demands.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Want a powerful, aerial-threat forward who is ok with being on the bench a lot. Gyökeres could be that player, but wouldnt be surprised if someone more established was brought in.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I know he missed a sitter at the weekend, is ex-Palace and always injured but I've always though Dwight Gayle would suit us

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We need to stop pissing about and sign a proper CF from a top league IMO

In an ideal world, I completely agree. The money is a concern though, especially in terms of wages, where we don't tend to pay that high. We can part fund a transfer fee potentially by selling one or two players where we have a lot of options (maybe centre back or central midfield) but paying massive wages to a striker might unsettle the whole wage structure.

To be fair, if we could get another Maupay, I think we'd be okay. He might end up with 11/12 goals this season. Getting another player who can do that, and maybe a better creative midfielder/winger to provide better service, may well be enough. We'll also presumably have Mac Allister all season too and Trossard will be in his second Premier League season so hopefully will improve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here