Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What striker(s) would you like us to sign in the summer?

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I think we'll get rid of Locadia, Andone, Maupay, Connelly, Murray and Gyokeres. Then, after months of speculation, we won't sign anyone because GP is happy with what he has.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've always thought Gerard Moreno at Villarreal would do a good job for us.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Having been watching some German footy in the last month I quite like the look of Rouwen Hennings (but at 32 might be deemed too old) from Dusseldorf or my preferred choice Marcus Thuram (22) from Borussia Mönchengladbach - pretty wishful thinking but both have looked decent this season.

Can he play right back?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Pukki has scored more goals this season than Maupay and Connolly put together!

Ivan Toney as the new potential Glenn as per the other thread? could be worth a gamble at the right price.

Murray has managed one. We have Maupay and, if you asked me who I'd rather have in the squad between Maupay and Pukki, Maupay wins hands down. As others have said, we need a different type of striker, and my favoured option is a Murray-type size/physique but more mobile.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
could also maybe try for borja iglesias on loan. scored bucket loads for espanyol, moved to betis but hasn't really worked out this season as yet. would definitely suit the 'glenn' mould. Budemir another la Liga forward who fits that mould and has hit double figures this season, but probably no better than andersson.

also Habib diallo who's scored tons in ligue 1 but has been linked with big players like Frank lampard's Chelsea and the mighty mighty Leeds.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ashley Barnes. His Second Coming would be at least as effective as Murray's Second Coming. Should never have let either go. Abject failure in Human Resources Retention Management both times

:goal:

I’d have much more faith in him than some lower league gamble but then I never wanted him to leave. With what’s going on at Burnley and hearing his affection for the Albion in the interview on here, let’s do it!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
As a Swede I might be a bit biased, but reportedly 3-5 million punds for Union Berlin's Sebastian Andersson is quite a steal and at that price he'd slot in nicely as a "second" signing of a striker (I wouldn't mind a more proven forward as the first signing). More or less trustworthy sources are saying Brighton and Valencia have been poking around, and in interviews he's clearly stated that PL is the dream.

Sure, the dude is a late bloomer and didn't really hit his stride until this season (he's 28). But he's fantastic in the air, hard working and would be quite a differently shaped piece of the puzzle for GP to use.

12 goals (of which seven were headers) and five assists in the Bundesliga so far this season, playing for (imho) a rather shitty team.

Is he out of contact in the summer? I read somewhere that’s the case.

Re the ops question .
We have had too many years winging it in the striker department.
We need two - A front line name and a cheaper back up.
Gykororeres is not the answer, nor is Billy Arse for that matter.
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Barnes came back to Brighton.
And that would be fine as long as he is the cheaper back up option.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maupay , Connolly and muzza next season. Feel like we need at least one more.

I'm gonna go with Pukki as my first pick. Realistic. 11 in 30 in a rubbish team. Has pace and excellent finishing ability. Little on the old side for us at 30 but probably still has another 3 seasons in him. Would be an upgrade on anything we currently have although maupay may surpass him soon. Having a crap end to season lost all confidence so could secure relatively cheaply for prem standards.

Callum Wilson or josh king would be nice if muff go down.

Wouldn't mind Ollie Watkins but I suspect bigger fish will be circling ....

Thoughts ?

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Like all your suggestions there tbh!

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
Is he out of contact in the summer? I read somewhere that’s the case.

I believe there was a clause in Sebastian Andersson's contract saying he could go for free if Union Berlin were relegated (which didn't happen) and some lazy reporting and a few rounds of the broken telephone later most articles agreed his contract was up, which isn't the case.

The way I understand it, his contract will automatically be renewed for one more year now that they stayed up, but there's still a 3,5 million buy-out clause. The reason for it being so low is that it was agreed upon while Union was still playing in 2. Bundesliga.

Take this with a grain of salt, though, been a while since I read about it.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I believe there was a clause in Sebastian Andersson's contract saying he could go for free if Union Berlin were relegated (which didn't happen) and some lazy reporting and a few rounds of the broken telephone later most articles agreed his contract was up, which isn't the case.

The way I understand it, his contract will automatically be renewed for one more year now that they stayed up, but there's still a 3,5 million buy-out clause. The reason for it being so low is that it was agreed upon while Union was still playing in 2. Bundesliga.

Take this with a grain of salt, though, been a while since I read about it.

Great knowledge . thankyou

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would not take the opinion of NSC on a player as people here are notorious for not being able to spot or judge players.

I am going to keep waiting, however long it takes........for you to make a positive comment about something rather than looking for a fight with every post :lolol:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Watkins would be ace and, as others have suggested, a younger striker in the Murray mould to give us an alternative option up top.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Having watched Sunderland till I die, I really liked the look of maja, fast, strong ,natural goal scorer. He was sold for 1.5 million euros to Bordeaux, a steal. He has continued to be in good form. Still young 21?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I really hope this year we can move as much of the ‘dregs’ as we can. I love most of them to bits, but players on big money who aren’t part of squad rotation (Ali, Andone, Locadia, etc) need to make way for better players. Obviously we might come up short again, not everything in life is certain, but we need to freshen the team up.

Make room for a new striker to complement our forward line. Hopefully the scouting department can pull someone out the bag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here