Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What striker(s) would you like us to sign in the summer?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think I'd offer Alberto Cerri a trial - he's out of contract at the end of the month..
He could team up with Maupay in the style of Owen and Crouch...former youth international with the Azure I believe.
1 goal in 2 seasons......nahhhh

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A lot depends on what Potter decides to do with Andone. If Potter thinks he can make a decent CF of him (and a decent human being that doesn't disrupt the dressing room) we might have enough with him, Maupay, Connolly and possibly Gyokeres as 4th. striker - IF - and it's a bloody big if - we get enough speed, guile and threat from other parts of the team. MacAllister, Lamptey, Alzate - I'm looking at you........! Plus whoever else we get in, of course.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Having been watching some German footy in the last month I quite like the look of Rouwen Hennings (but at 32 might be deemed too old) from Dusseldorf or my preferred choice Marcus Thuram (22) from Borussia Mönchengladbach - pretty wishful thinking but both have looked decent this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A good leader of the line, elbows or no elbows. A Premier League player playing for a Championship team.

I thought he might sign for us when Chris Hughton was here, he didn't, and l don't think he will now.
Isn't he the one that Newcastle didn't want to sell to us?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A lot depends on what Potter decides to do with Andone. If Potter thinks he can make a decent CF of him (and a decent human being that doesn't disrupt the dressing room) we might have enough with him, Maupay, Connolly and possibly Gyokeres as 4th. striker - IF - and it's a bloody big if - we get enough speed, guile and threat from other parts of the team. MacAllister, Lamptey, Alzate - I'm looking at you........! Plus whoever else we get in, of course.

Gyokeres will have another season on loan l think, and l really can't see Andone wearing an Albion shirt again, (sad but true).

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017

I thought Andone wanted a game every week and so that's why he went

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Juan Diego Molina Martínez

2nd div Spanish league

26 yrs old

normally operates under the nickname 'Stoichkov'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If we stay up I'd LOVE for us to have signed Giroud. He's still doing it at 33, would've been a perfect replacement for Glenn, and would've dovetailed nicely with fellow frenchman Maupay. His contract was up this summer, but sadly it looks like he's signing an extension at Chelsea. What a freebie he would've been.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Does the club have a striker coach?
If not I'd bring in Kevin Phillips or Jermain Defoe, both had a wonderful sense of where the net was, despite being 'lesser'names.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If we stay up I'd LOVE for us to have signed Giroud. He's still doing it at 33, would've been a perfect replacement for Glenn, and would've dovetailed nicely with fellow frenchman Maupay. His contract was up this summer, but sadly it looks like he's signing an extension at Chelsea. What a freebie he would've been.

Good call.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Got to be big and quick, like Divock Origi or someone similar.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think I'd offer Alberto Cerri a trial - he's out of contract at the end of the month..
He could team up with Maupay in the style of Owen and Crouch...former youth international with the Azure I believe.

Oh dear.

Does the club have a striker coach?
If not I'd bring in Kevin Phillips or Jermain Defoe, both had a wonderful sense of where the net was, despite being 'lesser'names.

Oh dear again.

:ffsparr:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here