Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What souvenirs did you liberate from the last ever Goldstone game?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Still got my turf. Keep the old miracle grow 3 times a year, change the compost, looks good with a piece of chicken run concrete to set it off. The Mrs always frowns when I've said I've cut the grass today. Quick short back and sides with the scissors if it starts to spill over the side.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Gents toilet sign from the South Stand, currently in my parent's house. They also still have a piece of turf and a piece of a wooden bench from the West Stand which they still sit on in the garden.

Felt a bit disrespectful at the time, ripping the place up, but I'm quite glad we did it now, it's nice to think of all the bits of the Goldstone that are scattered across the country as reminders of our former home.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I got a tiny bit of net off a friend. No idea where it is now.

But I also LEFT my old scarf (which I'd had since the late 70s/early 80s). I was one of the very last to leave, and tied it round one of the crush barriers in the North Stand. Everyone was taking something, but for some reason I wanted to leave something behind.

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
I 'obtained' some turf from near the north end penalty spot and it's still growing strong!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
A f***ing great SLAB of turf

10192006101511pm.jpg

:thumbsup:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Stuart Storer lives in a cupboard under my stairs. I let him out periodically.

Best Souvenir ever!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I have a few bits of grass that I vacuum packed at work on the monday and have kept in my wallet ever since.

I would have preferred to get Storer;wasn't thinking at the time.

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
I got a two square piece of turf, that I planted in my front garden. I lovingly cared for it, cut it, watered it for two years. Then started to work really hard and had to get a gardener in. Who did some 'weeding'. Bastard....

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I worked at a pub in Hailsham at the time, a local was linked with Hailsham Town and they purchased a turnstile for use at their ground, when he collected it, he picked up two and came into my pub and offered me one, i agreed to have it and he kindly delivered it to my parents place in Eastbourne, it sat there for a while in their garden, until their window cleaner offered to take it of their hands as he was linked with the then called Langney Sports, they were upgrading Priory Lane after their promotion to the Ryman League from the SCL, we agreed, and as far as i know, it is still installed at the Lane, which is of course the home of the now called Eastbourne Borough!
What pub....?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Turf from the north stand penalty area, some netting from the north stand goal, a seat from the west stand, a seat from the south stand and small pieces of advertising hoardings from the east and the north. I wanted to recreate a mini goldstone in my garden...

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Three seats, some turf, piece of northstand goal net, broken pieces of advertising hoarding, brick from the west stand (now mounted, yeah I know....)

But my favourite has to be my 7 ft north stand turnstile door, proudly sitting in my lounge.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I have recreated the North Stand catering experience by installing an overflowing urinal in my kitchen.

Seriously - bit of net, now in a box in a storage centre in Edinburgh.

And replanted some turf in my parents front garden in Bexhill. About 7 years later they moved, and the new owners converted over it. Bastards.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I had a sizeable sod from te norht stand penalty area which grew in a large pot on the balcony of my old flat, it went to seed after a while and dies, but there was grass growing all along the gutters right down the road! ( have long since moved)

I still have a chunk of East Terrace on the shelf with my subbuteo team and 'promoted to division 1 1979' mug. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here