Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What souvenirs did you liberate from the last ever Goldstone game?

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I had a small sign for the South Stand that I've lost somewhere never to be found and also a clump of turf from around the D in the South Stand penalty area. This crumbled into a million pieces on the train home and I bored everyone around me with how it was an allegory for how I was feeling at that time (I was very drunk and very emotional).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My mum told me I wasn't allowed to take anything, and despite the fact people were looting stuff left right and centre I took nothing :( . Mum felt bad bad so rang the club and explained, 2 days later I was allowed to return with my Uncle and we had free reign. I made off with a fully operating seat from the West Stand, a few planks from the home dugout bench plus loads of other bits and bobs that I can't remember

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I also got a bit of turf, it survived a few years till we went on holiday during a really hot fortnight. I did manage to get one of the netting hooks from the north goal, not much I know but I still have it.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
got some turf from a last game of the season,against bristol rovers

put it in my back garden at the time,wish i'd dug it up and took it with me now

matt

Mar 19, 2007
The flag from the corner flag in the North East corner. Not sure where it is now :(

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Turf, still growing at the folks house, an entire Ensleigh sponsor board (god knows why), 4 seats from the south stand, some east stand terracing and a couple of signs. Quite a good haul between my brother, dad and myself. All bar the turf still in the old man's garage.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The back of a south stand seat. A small bit of east terrace concrete and some turf which was planted in the parents garden and no idea where it is now.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I worked at a pub in Hailsham at the time, a local was linked with Hailsham Town and they purchased a turnstile for use at their ground, when he collected it, he picked up two and came into my pub and offered me one, i agreed to have it and he kindly delivered it to my parents place in Eastbourne, it sat there for a while in their garden, until their window cleaner offered to take it of their hands as he was linked with the then called Langney Sports, they were upgrading Priory Lane after their promotion to the Ryman League from the SCL, we agreed, and as far as i know, it is still installed at the Lane, which is of course the home of the now called Eastbourne Borough!

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
One wooden seat infesetd with woodworm! One piece of turf (since deceased). One poster (laminated) of football league rules and a chunk of turnstile. Finally (and most special) a lot of happy memories! (and a few evil ones!)

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Still have a piece of turf in my mums garden from the goldstone, My mate had a toilet seat and part of the bench from the dug out.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Had a large chunk of the centre spot...guy called Paul got the other bit,put the turf into a large pot and nurtured it for 11 years...at the time had a Chinese girl stopping with me...came home to find her in the garden...she said,"Look I help tidy garden"...horror...she had pulled out the turf and thrown it on a compost heap and in it's place was a flowering plant....Anglo/Chinese relationship hit a new low...had to forgive her when she looked at me with her beautiful face ,high cheekbones and Doelike eyes...she said sorry and promised to make it up to me...I mean...what can you do? Also had a seat which I gave to the Seagull cafe when it was a going concern...now left with memories....1958 to 1997.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Had a large chunk of the centre spot...guy called Paul got the other bit,put the turf into a large pot and nurtured it for 11 years...at the time had a Chinese girl stopping with me...came home to find her in the garden...she said,"Look I help tidy garden"...horror...she had pulled out the turf and thrown it on a compost heap and in it's place was a flowering plant....Anglo/Chinese relationship hit a new low...had to forgive her when she looked at me with her beautiful face ,high cheekbones and Doelike eyes...she said sorry and promised to make it up to me...I mean...what can you do? Also had a seat which I gave to the Seagull cafe when it was a going concern...now left with memories....1958 to 1997.

What could she have possibly done to make it up to you?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here